Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

NapoleonD

STEFANOS4784STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket
After reading this post;
http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12785406

It would seam that Napoleand is banned :shock: :(

Is this the case? I want to know because he was a very useful member (which can also be said about the thing between my legs, wayhey)

I may have missed something but does anyone know the situation.

Is Napd banned? 1 vote

Banned, fairly
100% 1 vote
Banned, unfairly
0% 0 votes
Account suspended through no choice of his own
0% 0 votes
Account suspended at his request
0% 0 votes
«134

Posts

  • STEFANOS4784STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Vote with no explanation?

    How rude.

    I used my vote on the oposite as you're probably P_tucker or pseudonym.
  • verylonglegsverylonglegs Posts: 3,755
    There was a thread on cake stop already debating this, about a month or so ago?
  • STEFANOS4784STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Ah, i'll trawl through. Tried the search option but we all know how useful that is.

    Sorry for the in-convenience and thanks for the info :)
  • He moved to tottenham and, aggrieved, started to attack his comrades. A sad end to a promising career.

    meanwhile here's some knockers

    [img]http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/auto/r/350x0/7/a/7a338_ORIG-censored _poke.gif[/img]
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Jez monJez mon Posts: 3,809
    If you twitt

    http://twitter.com/#!/NapD

    He added a lot to the forum.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • did you find the similar thread? i've been away and am really interested in this too. i've been skim reading through the subject titles, but found nout :?
  • did you find the similar thread? i've been away and am really interested in this too. i've been skim reading through the subject titles, but found nout :?

    It was this one. Ended up being locked by the admins maybe thats why you couldnt find it, i had to trawl my own posts to find it.

    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... highlight=
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • did you find the similar thread? i've been away and am really interested in this too. i've been skim reading through the subject titles, but found nout :?

    It was this one. Ended up being locked by the admins maybe thats why you couldnt find it, i had to trawl my own posts to find it.

    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... highlight=

    awesome thanks mate, BBC News will have to go on mute for a moment.
  • last post on that thread sums it up.
  • rozzer32rozzer32 Posts: 3,683
    He is back on the forum under a different username
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • bobtbuilderbobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    NapoleonD is/was one of the best members on this forum. Always full of helpful advice in the advice forums and a damned good laugh in Cake Stop.

    OK, so he insulted Pseudonym with offensive language, but given the situation who wouldn't have reacted in the same way. The guy had an horrific crash and was insulted by some keyboard-warriors for 'over-reacting' and being a "cry baby". IMO, it was them that should have been banned. This guy's life has been turned upside down and some pr*cks on here can;t show a little sympathy? FFS.

    :cry:
  • redddraggonredddraggon Posts: 10,862
    No loss, IMHO.
    I like bikes...

    Twitter
    Flickr
  • PseudonymPseudonym Posts: 1,032

    OK, so he insulted Pseudonym with offensive language, but given the situation who wouldn't have reacted in the same way.

    to be fair, I wasn't insulted by what he said - this is only the internet, after all. Not worth getting upset about what is typed onto a computer screen by someone you've never met.

    According to Jeff Jones - who closed the thread - the guy actually 'asked' to be removed/deleted, which sounds a bit dramatic. If he is indeed back on the forum now under a new username, perhaps he could clarify the situation himself.
  • I used to like NapD, he had useful things to say on numerous subjects bike related or not.

    As for whether he was banned fairly or not I think he was wound up and some of the things said towards him were out of order and they did rile a response, which does seem to be what the forumer that was involved likes to do.
    According to Jeff Jones - who closed the thread - the guy actually 'asked' to be removed/deleted, which sounds a bit dramatic. If he is indeed back on the forum now under a new username, perhaps he could clarify the situation himself.

    Personally if he is back under a new name, which I hope he is, I hope he keeps quiet and just gets on with being a useful member of the forum as he doesn't need to explain himself to anyone not least the one who effectively got him banned in the first place.
  • PseudonymPseudonym Posts: 1,032
    not least the one who effectively got him banned in the first place.

    ok, did you miss the bit where Jeff said that he had asked for his account to be deleted..? Sounds like the decision was his and nobody else's. But don't let clarity get in the way of your own confusion....
  • briantrumpetbriantrumpet Posts: 13,352
    There's one possibility that hasn't been explored - that NapD and Pseudonym are actually the two identities of the same person, locked in an eternal struggle (well, a few months). I can't see any other possibility, given that Pseudonym always turns up as soon as NapD's name is invoked.
  • eheh Posts: 4,854
    No loss, IMHO.

    +1
  • PseudonymPseudonym Posts: 1,032
    There's one possibility that hasn't been explored - that NapD and Pseudonym are actually the two identities of the same person, locked in an eternal struggle (well, a few months). I can't see any other possibility, given that Pseudonym always turns up as soon as NapD's name is invoked.

    I like your thinking Brian, but no - it's not the case. No disrespect to the fella, but he's a bit heftier than me.... ;)

    I suppose we are linked though, in the sense that his complaining about his accident was the main resaon I signed up here in the first place.
  • briantrumpetbriantrumpet Posts: 13,352
    Pseudonym wrote:
    I like your thinking Brian, but no - it's not the case. No disrespect to the fella, but he's a bit heftier than me.... ;)
    Well, obviously you're going to deny it! You do have to admit you have had a tendency to follow the chap around like a shadow.

    For one, I'm pleased NapD is back on the bike and enjoying it. His departure from these boards, for whatever reason, was obviously at a low point, and I think there may be times when it would help to stand back from "well, it's the internet, innit?" approach and remember that there are fragile human beings at the keyboards working through their troubles.
  • giant_mangiant_man Posts: 6,878
    eh wrote:
    No loss, IMHO.

    +1
    +2
  • Pseudonym wrote:
    There's one possibility that hasn't been explored - that NapD and Pseudonym are actually the two identities of the same person, locked in an eternal struggle (well, a few months). I can't see any other possibility, given that Pseudonym always turns up as soon as NapD's name is invoked.

    I like your thinking Brian, but no - it's not the case. No disrespect to the fella, but he's a bit heftier than me.... ;)

    I suppose we are linked though, in the sense that his complaining about his accident was the main resaon I signed up here in the first place.

    You didn't cause the crash, did you? :lol:
  • PseudonymPseudonym Posts: 1,032
    You didn't cause the crash, did you? :lol:

    no - that wasn't me either... :P
  • EKIMIKEEKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    eh wrote:
    No loss, IMHO.

    +1
    +2

    Tend to agree here. Just another MAMIL, no?

    Try WeightWeenies for rich guys with expensive bikes who like to post loads of pictures of them. (Although there is actually some genuinely useful and innovative stuff to be found on WW).
  • Napoleon Dynamite is easily in the top ten worst films I have ever seen.
  • CarbonCopyCarbonCopy Posts: 492
    Well well this is a surprise to me.The crash and the ban for the legend that was NapD i do hope your health and lifestyle recover. Now i have not been on this site for a very long time.Mainly due to the fact that i have REAL friends haha you sad muppets.Well that and the fact that you 3 stone whippets get off on being arrogant and abusive,thoughtless and careless with their words without a care because it`s only the INTERNET. The 3 gobby typist who keyboard raped NapD should remember it only takes one slip of concentration from a dosy car driver and you could be worse of than Nap himself.Their also seems to be a few peaple who were actually jealous of NapD because he had flashy bikes and money well i aint got either and i`m not BITTER about it haha. And on that note i will log off this crappy site and return to a real world with my real friends and family.And in truth alot of you aint got that have you :wink: Tada
  • freehubfreehub Posts: 4,257
    It was his choice to go you know.
  • jim453jim453 Posts: 1,360
    CarbonCopy wrote:
    Well well this is a surprise to me.The crash and the ban for the legend that was NapD i do hope your health and lifestyle recover. Now i have not been on this site for a very long time.Mainly due to the fact that i have REAL friends haha you sad muppets.Well that and the fact that you 3 stone whippets get off on being arrogant and abusive,thoughtless and careless with their words without a care because it`s only the INTERNET. The 3 gobby typist who keyboard raped NapD should remember it only takes one slip of concentration from a dosy car driver and you could be worse of than Nap himself.Their also seems to be a few peaple who were actually jealous of NapD because he had flashy bikes and money well i aint got either and i`m not BITTER about it haha. And on that note i will log off this crappy site and return to a real world with my real friends and family.And in truth alot of you aint got that have you :wink: Tada

    Yes I have.

    I also have a dictionary.
  • EKIMIKE wrote:
    eh wrote:
    No loss, IMHO.

    +1
    +2

    Tend to agree here. Just another MAMIL, no?

    Try WeightWeenies for rich guys with expensive bikes who like to post loads of pictures of them. (Although there is actually some genuinely useful and innovative stuff to be found on WW).


    Last time I checked (even prior to him selling off most of his bike equipment), he had pretty bog standard bikes.
  • jim453jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Actually, I'm pretty surprised at some of the negative feeling towards the policeman.

    I could take him or leave him to be honest and am pretty certain he would say the same about me. I took against him early on because of his seemingly self appointed 'leader of the forum' position. However, I thought everyone else was practically in love with him.

    As it happens, my opinion very much softened towards him (though his probably not towards me as I would still take any opportunity to try and wind him up I could). Not that he should give a toss what I think but I'm sure he was/is a pretty sound guy.

    His accident and subsequent treatment seemed unduly harsh.

    I hope things have got a bit better for him.
  • CarbonCopyCarbonCopy Posts: 492
    jim453 wrote:
    CarbonCopy wrote:
    Well well this is a surprise to me.The crash and the ban for the legend that was NapD i do hope your health and lifestyle recover. Now i have not been on this site for a very long time.Mainly due to the fact that i have REAL friends haha you sad muppets.Well that and the fact that you 3 stone whippets get off on being arrogant and abusive,thoughtless and careless with their words without a care because it`s only the INTERNET. The 3 gobby typist who keyboard raped NapD should remember it only takes one slip of concentration from a dosy car driver and you could be worse of than Nap himself.Their also seems to be a few peaple who were actually jealous of NapD because he had flashy bikes and money well i aint got either and i`m not BITTER about it haha. And on that note i will log off this crappy site and return to a real world with my real friends and family.And in truth alot of you aint got that have you :wink: Tada

    Yes I have.

    I also have a dictionary.
    PMSL and? :roll:
Sign In or Register to comment.