Opinions: Saracen Urban Myth 2011 Hybrid Bike ?

mikey2424
mikey2424 Posts: 12
edited August 2011 in Commuting general
Hi

I'm about to buy my first bike in many years for commuting to work. I've just seen the Saracen Urban Myth Hybrid 2011 at £264.

What do people think for the money? Are there better options out there?

I'd really appreciate people's opinion as I've got to confirm the purchase shortly.

Here's a link to details on another site.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Saracen-Urban-M ... =Froogle01

Thanks again

Comments

• Please can someone give me their opinion on this bike.

I have no clue about what's good and what's not and can't find a single mention of this bike anywhere online.

Plenty of people are selling it but no one has reviewed it.

Are Saracens rubbish and not very well thought of?

Is it a bad buy?
  • For a commuter bike its geared all wrong... a 48/38/28 triple with an 11-32 cassette? what are you going to climb, Everest? Apart from the partial Shimano groupset the rest is a collection of no-name parts. No weight given so don't expect this to be a particularly light bike (ignoring the marketing drivel)

Its a typical (I would guess Chinese) import, ok-ish for a first bike but you'll be wishing you'd gone for something a bit more upgradable within 6months... there are better options but depends on what your budget is...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • Thanks so much for the reply.

This is the kind of advice I need. As you can now tell from the bike I picked out, I have no clue about bikes and what's best for commuting.

Do you have any recommendations of bikes that will be ideal for commuting and that like you said, could be upgradable in the future?

What kind of gearing should I be looking for?