Congratulations Jeff Jones - 6th fastest 50 mile TT ever

bexslack
bexslack Posts: 81
edited August 2011 in Amateur race
Well done to Jeff Jones on doing a 1:39:03 over the weekend in a 50 mile TT on the A50. That's the 6th fastest time ever in the UK!

Comments

• danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Outstanding 8)
  • very impressive mate!

how much time did you win by?
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,120
    :shock:

Jeez, that's quick!
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Furious pace! Bravo
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Outstanding! Congatulations.
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    edited August 2011
    Thanks all :D To say I'm chuffed would be an understatement (I'm still chuffed though).

Sixth fastest rider (not time because Hutch has done more than one ride faster than that, I'm sure Dawson and Wilkinson have as well) over 50 miles. Another two seconds and I'd have been 4th on the list, ahead of Obree and Bowdler. Will try harder next time.

BDCA 50 results

What was nice for me was that it was basically the BBAR 50 championship so almost all the BBAR contenders (save for Andy Bason) were there. I'm now in with a shout, whereas previously I wasn't as I've missed several fast 100s.

Saturday was a quick day and I think quite a few people PBd - not everyone though. I knew it was fast when I was warming up so did the first leg (into the wind, up the concrete mountain) as hard as I dared. Then floored it after the turn and hoped I didn't blow up. First 25 in 53'09, last 25 in 45'54.

After doing a bit of post-ride analysis, I think the Breckland 12hr, which I'm doing this weekend <gulp> is going to be interesting. I'm doing it instead of the national 12, which for some odd reason is on the same day. Fellow forumite SBezza will be there too - wish us luck (please).
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • danowat
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    After doing a bit of post-ride analysis, I think the Breckland 12hr, which I'm doing this weekend <gulp> is going to be interesting. I'm doing it instead of the national 12, which for some odd reason is on the same day. Fellow forumite SBezza will be there too - wish us luck (please).

I am marshalling, so I'll give you some support 8)
  • BOOM!

Nice one Jeff!

I'm doing the bank on Sunday, but my ambition is much more modest, and probably more challenging!
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Bravo - only ridden 25s on there myself but I was struck by the fact it's by no means a flat road even if it is a dual carriageway so a fantastic achievement.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Christ on a bike that's 30.2mph average!
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    danowat wrote:
    Cool - where are you going to be standing?
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • danowat
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    danowat wrote:
    Cool - where are you going to be standing?

Browick turn from 11am 8)
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    freehub wrote:
    Christ on a bike!

Quite possibly......

shimano-sd66-spd-sandals-IMG21471.jpg
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013