Cycle Fishing

Dannyboy95
Dannyboy95 Posts: 245
edited August 2011 in Tour & expedition
Hey people. Im wondering does anyone have experience carrying PLENTY of fishing tackle on a bicycle with out a trailer?
cosna kick a bo agen a wo and ed it back till it bos-UP HANLEY ME DUCK

NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

D.Leyland
Current Bike-TREK 4500
Previous Bikes
:Giant Roam 3
:Bianchi Nirone 7

Comments

• mercurykev
    mercurykev Posts: 264
    Not plenty of gear. I carry a telescopic fly rod, reel, flies and leader when I'm touring so I can stop and have a fish at any promising looking spots. What kind of fishing are you hoping to do?
  • flester
    flester Posts: 464
    Isn't it the same as carrying plenty of anything else? Rods can be tied to the frame. Or am I missing something?

'I do not believe in the three-speed gear at all', the sergeant was saying. 'It is a newfangled instrument, it crucificies the legs, the half of the accidents are due to it.' (From 'The Third Policeman')
  • GyatsoLa
    GyatsoLa Posts: 667
    I once met a French guy in Damascus who was cycling around the world with a full set of fishing kit. 'you never know when you pass good fishing' he said to me.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by the question, but in my experience those plastic food boxes you get in kitchen supply shops are good for carrying awkward or sharp items when touring.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Funny you should mention this,

on commute this morning i saw a guy coming the other way... he was carrying a rod bag on his back, a seat box on the top of his rack, one luggage rack had a tackle bag on it and the other rack had his net bag.

admiittedly he was only pootleing along at about 5mph but he had all the gear strapped to him or his bike somehow.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • i cycled to meon springs fly lakes on my jack taylor tourer. it was easy. big carradice panniers on the back. bungee cords to hold rods on rack... uhh, yeah

nice place for what it's worth
    http://www.meonsprings.com/fly-fishing/
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    I know of a couple cycling from Scotland to New Zealand to get married. he is mad keen fisher and has vowed to catch a fish in every country that they pass through. With him is a fly rod, some tackle and a pair of waders.... :shock:
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • blimey that's a fantastic way to tie the knot..good luck to them