Turbo time (Part 2)

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket
What is the longest turbo session you have ever done?

3hrs 30mins for me. :?

Don't ask me how or why, but that's my longest one.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Jesus, Frank, what compelled you to do that ? I think my longest has been ann hour and twenty. :shock:
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    2hours @ 20mph ish yesterday,changed the resistance up today and got to 35 at similar pace before running out of steam (I dropped my bottle around 28mile) 1:45 or so today.
  • dmclite wrote:
    Jesus, Frank, what compelled you to do that ? I think my longest has been ann hour and twenty. :shock:

As I say, don't ask me how or WHY.

If I recall it was probably a winters evening and it was a brain out turn the legs at a steady pace job. I would dare bet CorrieEndersDale was on the telly.

Doesn't seem quite so masochistic if that were the case.
    Tail end Charlie

• verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Can't remember mine, maybe an hour? I bought one about ten years ago, used it 4-5 times and decided it really wasn't for me, just couldn't get the mindset for it. I do however also really enjoy cross country running so I do more of that in the winter months anyway...I still ride the bike occasionally over winter so I'm not a total fair weather cyclist!
  • Can't remember mine, maybe an hour? I bought one about ten years ago, used it 4-5 times and decided it really wasn't for me, just couldn't get the mindset for it. I do however also really enjoy cross country running so I do more of that in the winter months anyway...I still ride the bike occasionally over winter so I'm not a total fair weather cyclist!

similar here.

I got mine after reading one of dr hutch's interviews in CW, ah thought I so turbos are for endless hours of fun. How wrong I was, don't think I've ever done over an hour on my one. I know notts is boring but theres got to better ways to entertain yourself than that. hats off to you.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Cleat, Nott's is not boring, Hucknall on the other hand makes Roystone Vasey look like Las Vegas. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie