Orange bike paint issue

Carisman
Carisman Posts: 46
edited August 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi..

Just taken delivery of my Alpine 160 in disco black. I have only ridden the bike ONCE and clean down the bike with water only! the top tube and one side of the swing arm has lost its sheen completely.. I'll be following this up with the bike dealer and orange, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar or could offer any advice.
Could it be a defect with the top coat laquer?? Needless I'm rather cheesed off after waiting for months to select & buy an Orange.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• thigh rub/ankle rub?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    where on the swing arm?

got pics?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Carisman
    Carisman Posts: 46
    After ONE ride?? Surely not!!!!!!!

My year old specialized fsr has better paint work across the top tube and has been used virtually every week??

I'll post some pics when I have a moment...

One GUTTED chap
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Carisman wrote:
    After ONE ride?? Surely not!!!!!!!

can be.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Oil/grease residue that water of course won't wash away?

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    If you rub the paint with heals and clothes, it can come off. Seen it on loads of bikes! And cranks. Even after a days riding.
  • The heel rub on mine was so bad that the paint on my chainstay was removed with one days riding.... I think I ride with my feet in a strange position.

That said, it is a ragley, the paint seems a little poor.... It happens, if you want it shiny, protect it with copter tape!
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Yup, all the paint has come off the cranks from my Boardman now.

Surprisingly, the Boardman is the 1st frame I've had where the paint hasn't faded really badly!
  • I agreee with supersonic ity can easily happen if you are contacting with heels etc.. But contact orange either direct or through dealer and they will sort you out Orange are pretty good at sortiing probs with new bikes shouldn't be an issue