Anbody got a Triban 3?!

marin1997
marin1997 Posts: 14
edited August 2011 in Commuting general
First post here so bear with me!

I've been commuting 3 times a week (20 miles return) for the last year or so on a 1990s Marin with slicks. However, I am considering a road bike for longer trips at the weekend and have seen the Triban 3 at Decathlon. This looks very well made in the flesh and even has a carbon fork for £299. Has anyone taken the plunge on one of these?

Comments

• bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    i bought one for my son and have tried it out. Its great value, reasonably light given its price. Frame and fork seem good and as bits wear i will replace with sale bargains. first things will be the saddle, a charge spoon and then the tyres.
    I compared it to the Careera tdf which people on here have bought and like and i just thought this was the better bike but there is likely not much in it.
  • Not from personal experience, but a friend has one, used for commuting and touring and its fine. Componentry looked a bit more grotty than the shiny bikes present, but all in working order and survived a trip down the road after a group riding fail.
  • Thanks for the replies on this. I was considering entry level Specialized etc. but this is at least another £200 and has the same Shimano 2300 stuff. The Triban will be easier to get approval for!