Wood in the Bike shed!!!!! Bikes in the Wood shed!!!!!

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket
Just recently moved house and priority has been to get the bike shed back up as neighbour has been storing them in his garage for weeks. Now find with configuration of garage, shed etc that I have to store wood in my bike shed as well!!!! not room in the garage. Is this just wrong?? :)

:?

Comments

• Next time you'll be complaining of a microwave in your kitchen.

I've got a bunch of stuff in our cellar that has my bike in it, including lots of old speakers, is that wrong?
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    I have two sheds now to combat such a problem 8)
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Just recently moved house and priority has been to get the bike shed back up as neighbour has been storing them in his garage for weeks. Now find with configuration of garage, shed etc that I have to store wood in my bike shed as well!!!! not room in the garage. Is this just wrong?? :)

:?
    You are Arthur 'Two Sheds' Jackson and ICM £5
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • mark63
    mark63 Posts: 43
    depends on what use the wood is being put to, if its fire wood heave it outside chuck a tarp over it, job done, :D our firewood is split and stacked against house with a couple of tin sheets on top to keep the worst of the weather off. Mind you there is about 5 ton at the moment plus about another 3 to come when I get round to doing it :(
  • Get some pallets and make a shed for the wood- We did this, built two(4 pallets for the base, with 7 full ones on top for sides, then 7 half ones above them(no reason not to use full onesif you want the height) and £50 for bitumen corrugated sheets for roof, slap some brown stain on them £60 each inc nails), our neighbours spent £2k on building a nice big proper one. We have 60ft trees right next to them(so do they) and if one comes down through the shed I'll just throw another together in a half day...neighbours will be gutted if theirs gets wrecked!!!
    They're actually very strong when put together and If you put 12mm ply around and fitted a door would make a very good secure shed- better than the flimsy crap they sell for £2-300