England v Wales Rugby WC Warmup

Wellievet
Wellievet Posts: 6
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket
Will any of you guys be watching today and who do you think will win?

Comments

• KulaBen
    KulaBen Posts: 220
    I'd forgotten all about it tbh, there's been very little about the RWC in the press so far.
    England to win please!
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Well, I would have watched it but:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... -28911669/

"It is understood that for the first time ever, the BBC and S4C were not eligible to bid for the television rights of the pre-World Cup England fixtures as Sky already has exclusive rights for all England matches other than those featured in the Six Nations tournament."

The return match in Cardiff will be the first ever Wales match broadcast only on Sky. Something else to thank Mr Murdoch for (and those fine custodians of rugby who negotiated the deal).
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    It was on BC2 wasn't it? I thought it was on Sky but flicked through the channels and it had just finished. CBA with it to be honest, the WRU have destroyed club rugby in an attempt to benefit the national team, the regions are failing and the Welsh premier clubs are getting the blame with the result the WRU are going to destroy the clubs even more.
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    The BBC had Scotland v Ireland live, but only highlights of Wales v England.
  • It was on R5 sports extra. shame about priestland, we need all the troops to be fit. I think we should give up on any real ambition, and simply crook the english so they cant win.
  • smithaay
    smithaay Posts: 114
    i was at the scotland v ireland match at murrayfield it was prity good.
    im confused bout tuilangi playin 4 england cos im sure that he punched chris ashton in the face in one of his club matches :lol: shame for tonga tho..
    Eat.Ride.Sleep.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Saw it on Sky yesterday... bit strange seeing a Wales team looking the stronger side going into the final 15 minutes. Usually it's the exact opposite. This is either a good sign going into the RWC or it means Gatland has made the team peak too early, fitness wise, with all that malarkey in Poland. Knowing Wales, it'll be the latter.

Nice impartial reporting on Sky News later in the day... lots of discussion of Moody's knee, not even a mention of Stoddart's broken ankle :roll:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    It was on R5 sports extra. shame about priestland, we need all the troops to be fit. I think we should give up on any real ambition, and simply crook the english so they cant win.

being serious for a minute, this attitude is why Wales will never win a WC or fulfil their admirable potential...

And Smitthaay - since when has a punch meant anything in rugby ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    afx237vi wrote:
    Saw it on Sky yesterday... bit strange seeing a Wales team looking the stronger side going into the final 15 minutes. Usually it's the exact opposite. This is either a good sign going into the RWC or it means Gatland has made the team peak too early, fitness wise, with all that malarkey in Poland. Knowing Wales, it'll be the latter.

Nice impartial reporting on Sky News later in the day... lots of discussion of Moody's knee, not even a mention of Stoddart's broken ankle :roll:

Wales have been strong at the end for a few seasons. We've had some big comebacks with the odd sensational win but usually the gap has become too big to overcome. The time the team struggle at the end is when the coaches think the game is won and make wholesale changes.