Commute to London via train should I buy 2 bikes?

ZoomZoom
ZoomZoom Posts: 53
edited August 2011 in Commuting general
Could do with some input from people on here to help me decide.

Am considering getting two cheap 2nd hand bikes one for the ride to Woking station and another for the journey from London Waterloo to the client site.

Was wondering what is the security of the bikes when they are locked all day at woking and all night in Waterloo. 
what is the security like at Waterloo? Are there many thefts? Cctv? Is there much space ie can you always find somewhere to drop your bike off?

Your thoughts appreciated. TIA

Comments

• fnegroni
    fnegroni Posts: 794
    I would suggest getting a folding bike.
    I regularly do Wokingham to Waterloo and back Mon AM/Fri PM and cycle to from house/office with a folding bike.
    I have occasionally used the Boris Bikes at Waterloo too, but then I'd rather have my own bike just in case.
    Also sometimes it might be that you want to stop before Wateloo, or that you need to get off before Woking: you know trains delayed, repair work, etc.
    I find a folding bike to be the better option.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Agreed. I'd prefer to take my bike with me rather than lock it up at the station. Would be worth checking what the storage facilities at the client site are like.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • ZoomZoom
    ZoomZoom Posts: 53
    Thanks for the advice, I've put a deposit down for a Brompton and it should be ready to collect in a day or two. Can't wait!

Z