What is it with women

Jason82
Jason82 Posts: 142
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket
I recently became single after 5 and a bit years and I have been on dating sites and all I can find is goldiggers and boring alcoholics. They normally have a profile of I like going out for a glass of wine and romantic meals. Is there no girls out there who enjoy some sporting activities and have an interest in something other than alcohol and food or is it just a case of I have been left with the scraps of society at the age of 29. Rant over.
Missing a Boardman cx team
FCN = 9

Comments

• There's a reason they're on dating sites! :wink:
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    I've seen lots of ads for something called Fitness Singles. Might be worth a go.

And fear not about being single at 29, I didn't meet my wife until I was 38 (and she was 26 which makes me a cradle snatcher).
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • Jason82
    Yeah it was my first go at dating sites so I will try the fitness one next to see if there is any improvement. All I get at the moment is fat alcoholics or horsey girls who still live at home at the age of 32.
    FCN = 9
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Oh BR is known for it,there are some right lushes on here try another site for dating.

29 you got loads of time fella,don't worry over it and take it easy.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Mate, you're twenty nine years old. Relax.
  • try out some other sports, unlike cycling clubs some seem to have women
  • Jason82 wrote:
    all I can find is goldiggers and boring alcoholics. .

yeh sorry about that, i'll change me profile, but you have to admit i do look good in a red dress.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Jason82
    Jason82 wrote:
    all I can find is goldiggers and boring alcoholics. .

yeh sorry about that, i'll change me profile, but you have to admit i do look good in a red dress.

I prefer you in leopard print darling and if you don't mind would you wear longer dresses in future, no one wants to see the tip of your dong swinging free :wink: .
    FCN = 9
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    So, what you are saying is that you've been on dating sites and not got laid yet? :wink:
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Prolly got a leg over out of it, but had to put up with an appalling amount of pre-match talk before the main event. It happens.
  • Jason82
    Homer J wrote:
    So, what you are saying is that you've been on dating sites and not got laid yet? :wink:

I have two female friends I can get laid by, I want a companian to spend some of my life with I only signed up today and was appauled by the lack of choice.
    FCN = 9
  • Take a macrame/flower arranging/poetry/Johnny Depp class or something. I reckon most women hate doing anything like cycling, and would rather watch soaps on tv, eat, drink, and the ones that don't and have an interest in sports(not watching them like footie hags, but taking part in them) always have a boyfriend who's dead good at whatever the sport is, and then there's the ones who are so at the other extreme and are like men anyway(they're looking for a woman too sometimes!)
    I've had a relationship or two start positive, they say they love cycling etc, they buy a new bike to impress you of how serious they are.... and it never sees the light of day, they lack any self motivation to put in some miles on their days off when you aren't around- so it's worthless going out cycling together as they'll never even get a basic base level of fitness, then they blame you for not motivating them! Cycling/running/walking/kayaking seen it everywhere... :wink:
  • CrackFox
    CrackFox Posts: 287
    all I can find is goldiggers and boring alcoholics

Update your Love Seeker profile. Under Settings > User Preferences, uncheck the tickboxes labelled "GoldDigger" and "Alcoholic (Boring)".
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    jim453 wrote:
    Mate, you're twenty nine years old. Relax.

Yip, my Grandpa got married for the second time at 49 and 3rd at 78.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Two words of advice:

Yoga Classes

More than likely you will be the only man there. You have lycra, bending, and a typical female to male ratio of around 10 : 1.

Just remember not to drool....
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • d87heaven
    d87heaven Posts: 348
    pottssteve wrote:
    Two words of advice:

Yoga Classes

More than likely you will be the only man there. You have lycra, bending, and a typical female to male ratio of around 10 : 1.

Just remember not to drool....

There might also be a touch of flatulence in the room with all that stretching and bending...........apparently......not that it ever happend to me.....not ever.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel
  • If it makes you feel any better, i'm 21 and married with a non goldigger beautiful woman who does a bit of sporting as well. She also doens't even drink at all :D
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Why on earth would you want to settle down at 29 ?

Sounds like desperation to me,without trying to sound rude how do you fair in the looks department ???????
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • The title of the thread is a minefield in itsself, What is it with Women? Answer is man will never know! But have fun trying to find out.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Jason82 wrote:
    I have two female friends I can get laid by ... I only signed up today and was appauled by the lack of choice.

You do realise how that reads. Right?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Jason try a pilates class...and enquire around your town about social riding groups...more likely to meet a female cyclist there. In our Sunday morning ride there's usually 7 or 8 women and if we are lucky one or two males.Ask mates wives to keep a lookout for you.Better to be on your own for a few years to get life into a perspective. It will happen.
  • blueheeler wrote:
    Ask mates wives to keep a lookout for you.

So you're saying the best place to start is with his mates wives?
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Jason82 wrote:
    I have two female friends I can get laid by ... I only signed up today and was appauled by the lack of choice.

You do realise how that reads. Right?

Well I thought it read 'applauded'. A posher version of the 'clap'!
  • On the flipside, all men on dating websites either live with their mum, are looking for a mum substitute or like dressing up in their mums clothes. Apparently.