Tips on removing Fox lowers

Stevo210
Stevo210 Posts: 196
edited August 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Just in the process of removing the lowers on my Fox F-Series RLC's to change the oil and replace the dust seals.
Im falling at the first hurdle. Ive got the compression adjuster off and tapped the internals (with the nut on) so that they are free, however Im struggling to get the air chamber side to move, daren't clout it too hard.
I haven't let the air out and I have tried it with and without lockout to see if that would aid the situation.

On a second note I was under the impression the the nuts on the bottom would be pretty tight and the crush washed 'squashed'. They were only just more than finger tight, this cant be right surely..........the old crush washers are identical to the new ones, if they come in the pack with the dust seals I would have expected them to be mishaped.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• 1340jas
    1340jas Posts: 217
    Give Mojo a call in Risca.
    There are also a few videos on youtube where Fox service Centres detail the procedure.
    I have always found Mojo are really helpful.

Good luck
  • Stevo210
    Stevo210 Posts: 196
    thanks for the advice mate. I had been on the phone with mojo today at length and am not doing anything different to what they advised on the phone or on their 'How-To' video online.

They were as you said super helpful......they did a full service in January and they were super plush just wanted to do the seals again and then in a months they can do the full service again. Just trying to save some pennies :)