The Little Lady - Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd Edition

birch1983
birch1983 Posts: 124
edited August 2011 in Your mountain bikes
I had to post again as it's been a while since my last one and since then even more changes have been made.

IMAG0114.jpg

Spec

Frame: Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd Edition
Forks: Rock Shox Tork TK (120mm)
Bars: FSA XC-190
Stem: FSA SL-K
Headset: FSA (Hope headset spacers and headset plug)
Grips: Superstar Excel lock on grips

Front Caliper: Avid Juicy 3
Front Disc: Avid G2 185mm Clean Sweep
Rear Caliper: Avid Juicy 3
Rear Disc: Avid G3 160mm
Hoses: Standard

Shifters: Shimano Alivio
Cables: Standard
Front Mech: Shimano XT M770
Rear Mech: Shimano XT M772

Seat: Standard Carrera seat
Seat Post: Standard Carrera seatpost

Chainset: Shimano Alivio
Bottom Bracket: Standard
Cassette: Shimano 9spd HG Cassette
Pedals: DMR V12 (NEW)

Rims : Mach1 MX
Hubs: Shimano
Spokes: Mach 1
Tyres: Maxxis Advantage 26 x 2.1"

In a addition a few other bits have been added to the bike:

Fork dust protectors
Lizardskin chainstay protector
Blue anodised bottle cage bolts + Bottle cage
Hope front/rear QR skewer
Hope QR seat clamp
Specialized seat bag
Crud Catcher front and rear mud flaps
Mucky Nutz front mud flap

I've now had this bike nearly 12 months and wouldn't swap it for the world. Hope you like!

Comments

• Snap! :) - see youve changed the brakes and rims - have they changed the way the bike feels to ride m8?
  • birch1983
    Yeah it has. The original Shimano ones kept leaking from the cylinders so had to go. At the time Halfords couldn't offer me the replacement levers so offered me a set of Juicy 3's which I couldn't turn down. :lol:

I had a problem with the original wheels too. Could never get the bearings adjusted right and the brakes seemed to judder. Replaced the bearings and inspected both of the hubs and found the cone that screws onto the axle had a product number stamped on it. The stupid bit was it was where the bearings ran when adjusted up, hence the problem. Subsequently, I explained the problem to Halfords and the resolution ended up being a brand new set of wheels as they couldn't offer me replacement axles. They also felt the initial problem may have damaged the hubs too. Again I couldn't turn that offer down.

The difference was noticeable straight away with the wheels. The original ones were far too heavy.

I also feel I should really praise Halfords on the Customer Service they have given.
  • Sweet - can`t argue with that! :) - happy with mine, havnt done any upgrades as yet :wink:
  • birch1983
    I shall no doubt keep adding to the list of changes made to it as time goes by. If you need any help give us a shout.
  • birch1983
    Managed to come off the other day whilst trying to jump a ridiculous distance and spent the whole of last night rebuilding the brake levers as they took the brunt of it. Ready to go again. Thinking Sherwood Pines needs a visit this weekend minus the accessories.
  • xand_xand
    xand_xand Posts: 271
    Love it chap but I'd like to see it 'clean' without mudguards, crud catchers, saddle bag and water bottle etc .
    MY CUBE
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12785430

Cube ltd race 2011.....enjoying the grt outdoors no matter the weather (except snow I just can't move in the snow)!
  • birch1983
    I'll see what I can do.