Just when you thought it was safe to get back in the water

The Running Man
The Running Man Posts: 574
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
You know when your ancestors emerged from the primeval swamps and shed their gills to breathe air for the 1st time? Well there were a whole load of others still playing with themselves in the mud …. and here’s one of them.

This was a response to one of my clips on YouTube about shocking driving ….
(PS: I take no responsibility for the inventive spelling or grammar!!)

“stop ur moaning all you bikealist r all the same, i have hgv 1 and 2 and psv licences, bike riders should not ride on main roads you are all a pain and dangerous you think you own the roads, and that no one should come near you on them,well im affraid thats impossible. so if you dont like it get a car and use the road for what there,there for and that is to carry motor traffic not some lycra clad idiot.”

And my response was ….
“Oh dear, dear : you seem to be a very angry person. Have you always had problems with your anger management? I really do think it might help you to talk to someone professional.”

Honest to God I despair sometimes for the future of the human race ......
Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
Specialized Rockhopper

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    UG MAKE FIRE. UG DRIVE LORRY.
    cave-MAN.jpg
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • That's just how I imagined him too ......

ROFLMAO :lol::lol::lol:
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • Irvinet
    Irvinet Posts: 117
    For the sake of our civilisation's perception by future generations, it would be best if YouTube periodically purged all comments and burnt the backups. For whatever reason YouTube commenters seem to be the very lowest kind of bottom feeders.

Your "friend" here being an A-grade sample.
    Roberts Audax - Raleigh Fixie - Thorn Tandem
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I wonder how the writter got on with the theory test.

He writes like that its a wonder if he can read.....
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    rubertoe wrote:

Skitt's Law in action :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    bails87 wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

Skitt's Law in action :lol:

Doh... :oops:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Of course .... Hartman's Law of Prescriptivist Retaliation

Why didn't I remomber that .....
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    You could also point out that bicycles were on the road long before motorised transport was invented.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Every now and then I think about collecting all of these type of comments and putting them in one place so that people can see how ludicrous they are, and the kind of attitude that cyclists have to put up with.

Then it depresses me, and I go ride my bike.
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    I'm sure that youTube's developers could create a filter that excludes any posting that contains text speak from being displayed. That would bin a lot of the nonsense posts by the stupid.

Terms like "ur" would be a start