A Sad Day

prawny
prawny Posts: 5,440
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
I just realised I am no longer a wiggle gold customer :cry:

Times is hard innit.

See DDD this is what you'll be reduced to.
Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017

Comments

• PinkPedal
    PinkPedal Posts: 180
    :(

How long do they let you keep gold for? Mine seems to have continued but I'm sure I can't have spent enough, errr, can I?!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    It's only £100 in the last year.

Although looking at it I think it used to be £50, because I did have gold a couple of weeks ago and there is only one order that has gone over a year since and that was for cables and bar tape.

Didn't it used to be a 10% discount too? Now it's saying 5%

I blame wiggle...
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Sign up for a British Cycling membership, you get platinum discount @ Wiggle then for the £25 a year fee as well as discounts at various other stores and sites and a few other benefits :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm £11 away from losing my gold status. If Wiggle prices were more competitive and they had the bits I wanted then I'd use them more.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Sign up for a British Cycling membership, you get platinum discount @ Wiggle then for the £25 a year fee as well as discounts at various other stores and sites and a few other benefits :-)

Really? I'm a member of BC and haven't got platinum membership... How do you claim it?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998

Really? I'm a member of BC and haven't got platinum membership... How do you claim it?

Me too.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Me too, ???

Where, how?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Aha, go to british cycling, log in, go to My Benefits and 'buy through the BC shop'. There's then a link to wiggle to register as a platinum member: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/friend/British%20Cycling
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    bails87 wrote:
    Aha, go to british cycling, log in, go to My Benefits and 'buy through the BC shop'. There's then a link to wiggle to register as a platinum member: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/friend/British%20Cycling

Cheers bails! Bl00dy work getting in the way of checking e-mail :-) I hadn't realized myself until the other day when I was fishing around on the site. That benefit alone is worth the annual subscription!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    bails87 wrote:

Just in case anyone's planning on a wiggle attack this winter.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    The same (platinum) works if you are a member of CTC. Go through their site and suddenly, you are a valued customer :)
    The older I get the faster I was
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    As I've said on other posts, Wiggle aren't competitive at the moment, even including the discounts.

In fact they are quite expensive.

I wouldn't worry, take your business elsewhere.

Then they will learn.