What have I done!!!?

doggegg
doggegg Posts: 61
edited August 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Practiced a few drop offs and jumps yesterday, woke up today and some pink fluid is fizzing out from behind my Propedal lever on my 2008 RP23. I kinda forgot Propedal was on while doing the drops ( could I have blown the threshold valve or something?) and it may just be coincidence but I can't help but think what I did yesterday is the cause, seems like a big coincidence if it didn't play a part.
Whatever the fluid is it was fizzing out from behind the switch/dial and the air pressure in the shock didn't play a part because I released the air immediately and have pressurised it since it ran out of pink goop to puke and it holds pressure and rebound still works....but Propedal is gone.

I know it's a workshop job but what have I done and why did it take 12 hours to materialise...or could it just be one of those coincidences? What is that pink fluid? Am I right in thinking there's a nitrogen chamber in there and this leak could have come from there which is why the air can still has integrity?

Mojo or TF here I come, but if anyone can tell me what's gone wonky I'd like to hear it just for the sake of learning something new.

Comments

• 1, coincidence

2, Shock oil

3 Yes there is a nitrogen chamber but this probably has nothing to do with it (not 100% sure on this one though)
  • doggegg
    doggegg Posts: 61
    TY....but what have I done seeing as the shock still works?
  • Ate you still in warranty period? If so send it to mojo and try and get it fixed for free
  • Best of luck sending anything to Mojo. You'll get it back when you get it back. Still cant believe that they have a ridiculous monopoly over Fox products in the UK. No doubt there'll be a hundred and one "I sent such and such an item and got it back really quickly" type posts but I've had nothing but problems with them
  • wheelygood
    wheelygood Posts: 101
    To be fair Mojo always put a note on the website when they are running behind their usual turnaround times to advise of any delays - or you can call them to ask.