When do cycle shoes go cheap.

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
I'm in need of new cycle shoes.

I use SPD-sl (not up for discussion).

What I'm wondering is when are all the old shoes are discounted and sold cheap for the new range?

I'm looking for some discounted road shoes around the £60 mark.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• Decathlon may still be discounting Shimano RO87 Road shoes at £59.99 (from £79.99)

EDIT: link... http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/shimano-r ... 188630739/
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 17,014
    When you tread on a budgie.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Get some DHb R1's <£50 notes and they get rave reviws.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • DonDaddyD
    Not really feeling the DHB's ya know.....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    When you tread on a budgie.

you beat me to it :cry: . I was looking for a punchline involving Mavic's canary yellow shoes :roll:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    What size?
    http://www.gbcycles.co.uk/product/33811 ... IUS_5_SHOE

In a few sizes and a little over budget, but Sidi 8) :oops:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • DonDaddyD
    I'd love to own a pair of Sidi....

Not in my size though.
    Food Chain number = 4

• First.Aspect
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Not in my size though.
    Big feet or wide feet? They do a wide foot range of sizes for the N American market. I also heared someone on the radio this morning advocating payment for donating a kidney. So now everyone can afford a pair of Sidis.
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    I'd quite like a pair of Northwave's LEOPARD-Trek Evolution shoes for next summer (and what's left of this one) - but really don't fancy spending £200+ on them, so I'm hoping there's stock left over in a few months that people are looking to clear...

8872_7077_120055.jpg
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633
    Having only used SPD's before... if I get a pair of those SIDI's what would be some cheapish pedals to go with them?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • First.Aspect
    pangolin wrote:
    Having only used SPD's before... if I get a pair of those SIDI's what would be some cheapish pedals to go with them?
    Any - they come with a range of shims to match soles to 3-bolt cleats. (The road ones do, at least)
  • I recently bought some Carnac shoes off eBay (brand new) for about £35. They have carbon soles, and are without doubt the best fitting shoes I've ever had. What's more, they're the same size I'd buy for normal shoes. :shock:
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,633
  • First.Aspect
    pangolin wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that both would be okay for a Sidi road shoe, yes.
  • DonDaddyD
    lastant wrote:
    I'd quite like a pair of Northwave's LEOPARD-Trek Evolution shoes for next summer (and what's left of this one) - but really don't fancy spending £200+ on them, so I'm hoping there's stock left over in a few months that people are looking to clear...

8872_7077_120055.jpg

I'm sorry but that's a girls shoe. They may as well call it Athena.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DDD, just spotted these:

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/33901/Bon ... Black.html

Who doesn't love half-price? :D
  • Chain Reaction Cycles seem to have quite a few shoes on sale at the moment, might be worth a look.

I know CRC have had their fair share of credit card horrors in the past but you can always use PayPal.

PP

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryID=1550
    People that make generalisations are all morons.

Target free since 2011.
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    Summer shoes are cheap in the winter

Winter shoes are cheap in the summer

I could really do with some new Specialized Comp MTB shoes - that's what I use for events - but I can wait until Xmas
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    My Sidi shoes are for sale: Mega wide fit size 45.

http://www.sidicafe.co.uk/

This is where I got them from ^^

sidi_zephyr_shoes.jpg

What they look like....^^

They are in generally good condition.
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    DonDaddyD wrote:

<camp> But they'll complement the Bianchi beautifully*... </camp>

* - Yes, I realise they're designed for Trek, but if they will go for a celeste-y colour...
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • DonDaddyD
    edited August 2011
    lastant wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

<camp> But they'll complement the Bianchi beautifully*... </camp>

* - Yes, I realise they're designed for Trek, but if they will go for a celeste-y colour...

Those shoes are girly, they don't make you go faster like a pink bike (guys who ride pink bike's are always 10% faster than had they been riding the same bike in a normal colour). They are just girly. FACT.

The fact that you're colour coordinating it with a Bianchi, which is and has always been the bicycle interpretation of sex, makes that fact [that the shoes are girly] more girly. DOUBLE FACT.
    Food Chain number = 4

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Not in my size though.

:?: :?: :?: :?: Why do you want a pair of sidi shoes not in your size?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    DDD, just spotted these:

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/33901/Bon ... Black.html

Who doesn't love half-price? :D

Yeah ebay can be agood source of shoes. I got a pair of SIDI for about a tenner about 6 months ago. They weren't that years design but very good and pretty much unworn....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    gtvlusso wrote:
    My Sidi shoes are for sale: Mega wide fit size 45.

http://www.sidicafe.co.uk/

This is where I got them from ^^

sidi_zephyr_shoes.jpg

What they look like....^^

They are in generally good condition.

Just thought I would remind ya!
  • DonDaddyD
    Sorry GTV I can't wear another man's shoes...

\OCD'd
    Food Chain number = 4

• stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    lastant wrote:

8872_7077_120055.jpg

Oh dear, we're not back to that old chesnut again are we? :)

Anyway, if Jens Voigt wears them, that ain't a girl's shoe!!!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011