Hayes Stroker Trail hose change

doggegg
doggegg Posts: 61
edited August 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I'm competent enough to bleed these brakes but tomorrow I have new hoses turning up from Superstar.
Although I've bled them many times I'm really not sure how to drain these brakes dry to facilitate a hose change. I have a bottle of fluid ready to go and made sure I chose the correct fitting kit but draining and refilling I really am at a loss.

Seeing as it's Superstar stuff I can't bank on an instruction leaflet and the Hayes site is no help at all - or nothing I've found is any help anyways.

Riding Skyline Thurs so any help here much appreciated, anyone changed their hoses with these brakes? What's the best way to drain and refill?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    undo ends, remove hose, find away, send hose in that direction.

sorry you are asking a non question.

just take care.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • doggegg
    So my non question asked how to refill too....Caliper or master cylinder?
  • doggegg
    Even my mentally challenged person had figured out I could just remove the hos....take the stick out Nick.
  • doggegg
    Can anyone who's actually done a hose change with these brake and doesn't have a sarcy answer help me please?
  • doggegg
    Thought I'd just say I figured out where all the bits go and refilled them despite my 'non question'.
    The Superstar kit uses different parts to the standard Hayes parts...so I guess my 'non question' turns into a question when you haven't changed hoses before.

Standard Hayes hoses have a non adjustable or replaceable crimp fitting at the caliper and a compression bushing at the master cylinder, the Superstar kit uses olives. So cutting the original hoses and working backwards won't work because the parts Hayes and Superstar use are wildy different.

If anyone with Stroker Trails fancies changing their hose send me a message and I won't treat it as a ' non question', I'll tell you what bit goes where and how to do it.