I'm in Scotland

13»

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 17,010
    -spider- wrote:
    Used to live in the village at the foot of Campsie Glen - it was great area to get out on the mtb after work and crash about the hills. Great area for the road bike too.
    Nice. I had a flat in Lennoxtown for a few months. Absolute dump but nice views. And Crow Road.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    -spider- wrote:
    Used to live in the village at the foot of Campsie Glen - it was great area to get out on the mtb after work and crash about the hills. Great area for the road bike too.
    Nice. I had a flat in Lennoxtown for a few months. Absolute dump but nice views. And Crow Road.

Tak Me Doon and Top o' the World close at hand too.... some fantastic climbs round the Campsies. I have Cuilt Brae and Khyber Pass close, so plenty of hills to choose from. Plus loads of MTB routes close.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • First.Aspect
    -spider- wrote:
    Tak Me Doon and Top o' the World close at hand too.... some fantastic climbs round the Campsies. I have Cuilt Brae and Khyber Pass close, so plenty of hills to choose from. Plus loads of MTB routes close.
    I think I've found cuilt brae, but where are the other climbs (outside of Afghanistan)?
  • Thanks everyone for the top tips.

We didn't ride much in the end as the weather was absolutely dreadful all weekend but we did enjoy some comedy (Fred MacCaulay - selected for parent-appropriateness) and loved urban angel. Such a lovely place with great food and a really nice space. Went to Hendersons too - they liked it but I thought it a little canteen like.

My top tips for anyone else going up for the festival would be :
    -wellies
    -raincoats. Possibly brollies too but tis tricky in crowds
    -book your shows in advance if you have a tight list of requirements (eg, for us, not offensive, odd, suitable for OAPs, not starting too late)
    - plasters for the inevitable blisters.
    - haggis cures a hangover.
  • First.Aspect
    Well at least you avoided the riots.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    -spider- wrote:
    I think I've found cuilt brae, but where are the other climbs (outside of Afghanistan)?

The Top O' the World is the road from Fintry up towards Kippen. Khyber Pass is on the main road through Mugdock Country Park, just stay on it past the visitors centre and it drops down a steep narrow road with a hairpin, harder than the Cuilt, but both are realtively short but sharp!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"