cars in the cycle lane

John0611
John0611 Posts: 20
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
fed up of cars parking in the cycle lane?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picture ... -2011.html

apologies if iv already been beaten to it, couldnt see it anywhere.

John

Comments

• estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    That really gets to me

ferry road edinburgh both ways at the morrisons, you know who you are..... :roll:
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Outside look mum no hand this morning. A Nisa van, delivering to the "supermarket", parked on double yellow line with three stripes on the pavement, in the cycling land and most of all next to sign saying "no loading at any time". Annoying doesn't do it justice, particularly as my company is on same street. Outside our office is no loading until 10am. All couriers and delivery drivers are instructed to deliver after 10am.

Similarly saw a scaffolding lorry this morning or maybe last night, parked up right on the stop line of pedestrian crossing on the white zig zags loading the lorry. That's three penalty point and big fine. Hopefully police spotted him.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I've been speaking to Kingston Council pretty much every month about enforcing the parking in the cycle track between Hampton Court and Hampton Wick.

If you do get in touch with the council about it then make sure that you know the difference between a cycle path, cycle track and cycle lane because if you use the wrong terminology then they will just get confused and you'll have to start the whole process from the beginning again.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Nice! Boris would actually get my vote were he to start doing this!
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"