100km marathon in 3 weeks

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,399
edited August 2011 in Health, fitness & training
Hi Guys

not sure how i ended up in this situation but somehow I ve ended up entered in a 107km (2500m climbing) marathon in Germany on 21st August. I ve done some 24hr races in a team but never ridden anything close to this distance off road (I think it is apparently an easier course technically than average, but I don't know what that really means)

Anyone got any tips? I ride 60 odd km with the road group on sundays and alternate Wednesdays with the MTB club and the same road club.

Any Thoughts welcome
DaveK
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Ride, ride more and more and more and more! Do laps at some properly tough trail centres. Ride for hours and hours.
    Ride more.
    Then rest
    then race.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    What yee says, with a week or so just shock ride yur body for a few days till it almost drops, then stop fuel rest a few days n go i guess
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Ride, ride more and more and more and more! Do laps at some properly tough trail centres. Ride for hours and hours.
    Ride more.
    Then rest
    then race.

X3
    Good luck!
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • Fake an injury AND a mechanical problem when it starts and pull out (thinking you've saved face but your mates don't believe you, don't make eye contact, I know an expert at these tactics....)
    Or just do as the others say and get on with it !
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Oh, and I have it on good authority from some long distance road riders that you will probably benefit from chamois creme.
    They may well be taking the pi**, but it's worth a shot.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Chamois cream's a good shout. It's a bit late now to make any appreciable difference, get a couple of long rides in (on the road would do, fitness will be the biggest issue), just to see how you go with food and what not. Aim for a 6 hour ride this weekend and next weekend if you can. On the day take it steady and you'll be fine.