Mini pump question

ketsbaia
ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
Yes, I know it's been done before, but I can't find the thread. The search force is weak in this one.

What's the best, fairly cheap mini pump out there? Topeak? Lezyne? I've gone and lost my old, extremely heavy Decathlon one, so am looking to replace it with something decent.

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Lezyne mini track with gauge pump I have and it works very well.

The high pressure one, not high volume, that is.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I have a gorgeous little anodised aluminium micropump from lezyne - around the £25 a couple of years ago. Will go up to 110psi if you are REALLY patient.

Problem is I left it on my frame over winter and when I went to use it in anger last I found that it was full of water and really sticky to use......keep meaning to get a re-build kit but haven't got around to it as yet.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Racing is life - everything else is just waiting
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Crank Brothers power pump:

1, Alloy construction - so it won't break
    2, Presta and car valves
    3, 2 settings - low pressure and high pressure.
    4, pressure indicator built in

Great pump and works really well - I can get my tyres up to 120psi at the side of the road without breaking my arm. Well worth the investment - in fact, when I have stopped to aid other cyclists they have been so impressed with it, they have asked for the make and model to buy their own!

Small enough to fit in most bags and has a mounting kit for the frame:

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalo ... CGEQ8wIwAQ
  • Topeak Pocket Rocket for me. Never let me down.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Can't speak highly enough of the Topeak Road Morph. It's basically a mini track pump with guage. Gets up to 120psi with little problem. Disadvantages are that it weighs 240g, so not one for the weight weenies and it is pretty long, so doesn't fit in a jersey pocket, but you can attach it to the frame. It's pretty robust, mine lives in my work rucksack an gets kicked about quite comprehensively, then comes out on club rides, shoved down the back of my shorts, bathed in sweat. It's still going strong after more than a year...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Can't speak highly enough of the Topeak Road Morph. It's basically a mini track pump with guage. Gets up to 120psi with little problem. Disadvantages are that it weighs 240g, so not one for the weight weenies and it is pretty long, so doesn't fit in a jersey pocket, but you can attach it to the frame. It's pretty robust, mine lives in my work rucksack an gets kicked about quite comprehensively, then comes out on club rides, shoved down the back of my shorts, bathed in sweat. It's still going strong after more than a year...

I have the mini morph version. Smaller and without gauge, but really does pump to over 100psi without causing a hernia!