Cav on BBC Breakfast news .

KonaMike
KonaMike Posts: 805
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
Came across really well and even seemed a bit shy !
If Cycling keeps getting this kind of positive publicity we might not have people on the roads trying to kill us every day !!!

Trying to find a clip of the interview now .

Comments

• Dalton
    Dalton Posts: 265
    Missed it!

Can't find a clip either.

:(
  • lastant
    lastant Posts: 526
    Delayed my way into work this morning having seen his Tweet about appearing on the Breakfast sofa. He was also on Radio 4 prior to it, but haven't listened to that.

Thought he came across very well, far more humble than perhaps he's been portrayed as in the media in the past. Good to see him get some airtime and an opportunity to 'chat', maybe the powers that be at Auntie are grooming as a potential SPOTY for next year...?!

I'd love it, love it, if he could do the double of retaining green in Paris and then claiming gold in London over the course of that week in 2012!
    One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it!)
  • Kate Silverton obviously has the hots for the Missile (even if he is a foot shorter and she is clearly up the duff in a big way) - she could hardly present the next article for grinning like a big girlie.... :wink:

Christ, what am I saying? I'd have his babies if they could cycle like that.... and I'm a bloke. :shock: (would the real Arnie please step forward?)
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Never mind SPOTY - what about Strictly? Although was Cav not a ballroom dancer until he was 14? - I'm sure I read that somewhere........pity that disqualifies him - TDF green jersey, Olympic Gold and Strictly champion all in one season :D
    Mark Twain
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    My respect for him reached new levels when I heard that is bird was Peta Todd. Having perused Google images I attribute his sprinting speed to wanting to get back for a shower and executive massage with the Mrs. I would advise against further research at work though! :shock:
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Sewinman wrote:
    My respect for him reached new levels when I heard that is bird was Peta Todd. Having perused Google images I attribute his sprinting speed to wanting to get back for a shower and executive massage with the Mrs. I would advise against further research at work though! :shock:

It's fairly hard to get a "clean" picture of her. But here you go

Peta-Todd-hot-and-pretty1.jpg
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    That should be the motivational picture for all budding British cyclists - cycling very fast can get you this ^
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    he looks like the little scamp at school that always fingered the girls first
  • No wonder he always comes first....
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Sewinman wrote:
    That should be the motivational picture for all budding British cyclists - cycling very fast can get you this ^

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Mark Twain
  • He's having a bit of a media week. He did a long interview on Radio 5 this morning ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 2_08_2011/ ). He also let out a couple of clues that he would be staying with HTC. Or at least that's how I read it...
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Sewinman wrote:

She does appear to have a couple of outstanding features!

Fair play to her though - she also seems to do lots of charideee work when she's not getting her baps out.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    She'd do for a practise
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Joelsim wrote:
    She'd do for a practise

Would definately be a sprint though.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Isn't it always?

BTW I watched the BBC clip and then watched Human Missile on YouTube. Great documentary if you haven't already seen it.
  • Bikequin
    Bikequin Posts: 402
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cycling/14369476.stm

Apologies if this has already been posted – another interview with Cav for the BBC – comes across really well I think, especially when he’s talking about doping in sport.
    You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quin.