Specialized Hardrock 2012

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited August 2011 in MTB general
Are starting to creep onto the market:

12SpecHardRockDisc.jpg

I have to say if you like the stealth look, the aesthetics are good, but the price is up £40: gets 8 speed treatment, but still a poor fork, steel bars and cable discs. Looks like another bad year for budget bikes.

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Yet another poor offering from a big name manufacturer

But the brand whores will lap it up

Ooh, it's a Specialized so it must be good...

Wrong!

When will these big name manufacturers stop ripping folks off with their over priced tat?

They've had ample warning from brands like Cube showing how to produce a well specced bike that offers excellent value for money

They just continue on and the blinkered sheep will still buy them :roll:
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • p44cmb
    p44cmb Posts: 124
    Andy B wrote:
    Yet another poor offering from a big name manufacturer

But the brand whores will lap it up

Ooh, it's a Specialized so it must be good...

Wrong!

When will these big name manufacturers stop ripping folks off with their over priced tat?

They've had ample warning from brands like Cube showing how to produce a well specced bike that offers excellent value for money

They just continue on and the blinkered sheep will still buy them :roll:

Seconded!! I've just swapped out my 2010 hardrock sport disc for a Cube and its fantastic.
  • kammybear
    kammybear Posts: 500
    I'm kinda new to bikes.

I decided to get a Hardrock Disc as I liked the look of it and it's rep. Ordered my Cycle2Work vouchers for £380 but kept looking and then saw a Cube. Wish I could add extra and get a Cube but I'm beginning to see that component wise the Hardrock is very stingy for the price!

Guess I'll have to buy another bike next year :twisted:

Not too fond of that stealth look. Prefer my red and white! When I saw it online, I thought it was just a temporary stock photo.

Envy aside, it's a very comfortable bike and it's just the totally crap forks that really let it down. Didn't realise how shit they were till I rode my girlfriends GT Avalanche 2.0 :(