....did nt want to be named though...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    Hope someone IDs the chav.
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Can see these two (cyclist and thug) getting on well together in celebrity Big Brother - or maybe Ready Steady Cook (if it was still on)..... heh.
  • JRooke
    JRooke Posts: 243
    cleat to the knee cap, love the heap of metal under my shoes
  • Was also nearly a whole page about in last nights evening standard
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Cyclist is a self righteous tw*t !!!

Clearly the ape in the flat cap is out of order, however look at the video with the smart car.

Ok, so the Smart Car driver cut him up at the beginning of the video, but after that, the cyclist was being confrontational and riding like a pr*ck, deliberately trying to provoke the driver.

I suspect that the cyclist has an attitude of "I can do this so I will". He's one of those cyclists who rides in a manner which is technically correct, but isn't necessary, purely to provoke people.

C*nt !!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • MattC59 wrote:
    I suspect that the cyclist has an attitude of "I can do this so I will". He's one of those cyclists who rides in a manner which is technically correct, but isn't necessary, purely to provoke people.

+1

Looking at the smart car video, this guy is riding almost to the RH edge of the bus lane and clearly ourside of the green cycling lane.
    Yes technically as a cyclist we can cycle anywhere in a lane and of course the area next to the kerb is a minefield of sunken drains pot-holes etc, but in traffic a little common sense is needed. Give cars enough room to get by and they don't get flustered, angry or annoyed.

As for the first video, it looks like the charming chap in the cap has grabbed the cyclist. In my book if somebody touches me with an aggresive attitude it's game on. The guy would have been picking up his teeth from the pavement, which might have actually improved his smile.
  • garnett
    garnett Posts: 196
    Evening Standard Article here in case anyone else missed it:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... cyclist.do

Have to say, it's very alarming that the Met Spokesperson doesn't understand the offence of assault!

A Met spokesman said: "An allegation has been made. No actual assault took place but it is being looked at in terms of a public order offence."

If that video is to be taken at face value, that's a very clear assault.
  • The smart car incedent was regrettable but nothing to write home about, I get similar behaviour severeal times everytime i go to the shops even in a small town in Northamptonshire.

It is nothing to start an argument about, what a prat.