South West London to Canary Wharf

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited August 2011 in Commuting general
I am temporarily moving out to Canary Wharf so will be commuting out there from SW11.

Which way would you (should I?) go. At the moment all I have to go by is old faithful google maps and stick in the 2 postcodes?

Cheers

Comments

• Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Go round the one way system depending on where in wandsworth you are and pick up the river (battersea church road) until you go left over battersea bridge. Take a right along embankment and join the hundreds of other cyclists that go through parliament square, blackfriars underpass, tower hill. Pick up CS3 along cable street which will take you along narrow street and deposit you in westferry by the DLR. Head up the ramp to westferry circus and you're there.

That's the best, fastest and most cycle friendly route. Trust me, there are so many bikes along embankment it's great fun in the morning. You also avoid the elephant and castle deathtrap. :)

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • Anonymous
    Saweeet Cheers Koncord.

The contract for the time being is up, but I will be back out September time I think.

Bring on the Embankment Peloton - picking up the new roadie today!
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    coriordan, alternative is to go over Wandsworth Bridge, then right down Town Mead Road and through Imperial Wharf to Lots Road and the Embankment. The Highway is also often faster than CS3 and while busier with traffic it can be safer - fewer peds to walk out and as you're with traffic rather than on a bi-directional cycle path on one side of the road you don't get cars turning across you. Gets clogged up on the way home at rush hour tho.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • Anonymous
    Wandsworth Bridge is slighty going back on my self (coming from Clapham Junction basically) so will try each route!

thanks for the tips