Are NYC Police serious?

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
WTF?

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/201 ... _ride.html

I am staggered.....Are NYC Police basing all of thier policies on the cop from the Village people?

Comments

• sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    <cynic mode>

Good publicity for her bike firm isn't it?

</cynic mode>
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Outfits like that should be encouraged - nice change from lycra :wink:
  • gtvlusso
    On a sidenote to this;

I saw a petite lady on her bike cycling to work last week. She had 3/4 lycra leggings on.

As I cam up from behind, my prefered method of engagement, she was seated and pedalling away. However, as we came to a small incline she got out of the saddle and started to really push on. I can tell you with all honesty that there was no anti bacterial insert in her lycra leggings, they were gym leggings........just purest cameltoe, visible from behind. Yes, a full reverse cameltoe.....

I made a dash for it.......
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    gtvlusso wrote:
    On a sidenote to this;

I saw a petite lady on her bike cycling to work last week. She had 3/4 lycra leggings on.

As I cam up from behind, my prefered method of engagement, she was seated and pedalling away. However, as we came to a small incline she got out of the saddle and started to really push on. I can tell you with all honesty that there was no anti bacterial insert in her lycra leggings, they were gym leggings........just purest cameltoe, visible from behind. Yes, a full reverse cameltoe.....

For what?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • walkingbootweather
    walkingbootweather Posts: 2,443
    edited August 2011
    Daily News wrote:
    Rijcken, 31, was not given a ticket during the May 3 incident,

Well I've seen the picture and can say that I would have given her one :wink:

The quote is irelevant
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    gtvlusso wrote:
    On a sidenote to this;

Pictures or helmet cam video or it didn't happen....
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Thats one of the most dutch names I've ever heard.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    gtvlusso wrote:
    On a sidenote to this;

I've have a similar experience, I didn't dash for it, I slowed down to double check I wasn't suffering from heatstroke and imagining things. Whilst I guess it could be classed as dangerous vbyb virtue of being distracting to other cyclists, I think its commendable behaviour and to be encouraged.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • gtvlusso
    t4tomo wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:
    On a sidenote to this;

I've have a similar experience, I didn't dash for it, I slowed down to double check I wasn't suffering from heatstroke and imagining things. Whilst I guess it could be classed as dangerous vbyb virtue of being distracting to other cyclists, I think its commendable behaviour and to be encouraged.

It was mesmorising at the time, but I felt that I should be gentlemanly and maintain my SCR foothold - utilising all the power of the seat of my pants, I made a run for it and did not make eye contact as I passed. After all, I had seen more of the girl than most and needed to keep that gem with me as I cycled bravely onwards, then tell all of you on here.

It was not very ladylike, I would rather have seen some boobage than a sweaty crotch.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    gtvlusso wrote:
    WTF?

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/201 ... _ride.html

I am staggered.....Are NYC Police basing all of thier policies on the cop from the Village people?

Maybe they just wanted an excuse to take down her particulars :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    She is a publicist I think ? So its a made up story.
  • Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    First we export our bikes. Now we export our women. What next?
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Girls always look more attractive on bikes than they would without the bike. FACT.

It's exactly the same effect as having them stand next to fast 'good looking' cars.

No one knows why.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Girls always look more attractive on bikes than they would without the bike. FACT.

It's exactly the same effect as having them stand next to fast 'good looking' cars.

No one knows why.

Apparently straight men think pretty women should be allowed to steal bikes, and will even HELP THEM!
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Libraio wrote:
    First we export our bikes. Now we export our women. What next?

I have to say that, as a general rule, I greatly prefer your women. Both are well made, beautifully finished, comfortable, and will provide many years of satisfactory service, but the bikes are a bit heavy and cumbersome for my tatse.....

You send us some pretty good cheese, too.
  • I'd have booked her for having no brakes. That's proper dangerous that is. Also for crimes against common sense, i.e. owning a fixie in public....
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    DonDaddyD wrote:

No one knows why.

Apparently straight men think pretty women should be allowed to steal bikes, and will even HELP THEM!

Thats hilarious...
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    gtvlusso wrote:
    I would rather have seen some boobage than a sweaty crotch.

Eh?
  • Libraio
    Libraio Posts: 181
    The Van Moof probably has a kick-back drum brake.
    The Commuter: 2009 Trek District
    The John Deere: 2011 Van Dessel WTF
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    gtvlusso wrote:
    On a sidenote to this;

The 'dash' he made is still in his bibs.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.