Brant is back at On-One!

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited August 2011 in MTB general
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Wow, I didn't realise he had created the Nuke Proof brand as well, he's been busy!!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Fenred
    Fenred Posts: 428
    Good news indeed!...Be interesting to see what he does with Titus, good luck to him!! :D
  • davewalsh
    davewalsh Posts: 587
    Here's hoping for an On-One 567 !
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    ilovedirt - he didn't, he created some stuff for Nukeproof. It's a CRC brand just like Ragley
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    davewalsh wrote:
    Here's hoping for an On-One 567 !
    you want a hardtail that will take a 180mm fork? :?
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Atz wrote:
    ilovedirt - he didn't, he created some stuff for Nukeproof. It's a CRC brand just like Ragley
    but don't they have loads of other dealers though as well?

EDIT: oh you mean owned by CRC? i didn't know that..
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Brant is a consultant for Ragley/Nukeproof etc, the brands are owned by CRC/Hotlines IIRC

Quite a bit of a furore on STW forum about Ragley's QC problems
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • nicklouse
    Andy B wrote:
    Brant is a consultant for Ragley/Nukeproof etc, the brands are owned by CRC/Hotlines IIRC

Quite a bit of a furore on STW forum about Ragley's QC problems

Was.

Love the way WMB have a feature on Brant and then he changes what he is doing.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Andy B
    yes, 'was' being the word I should have used rather than 'is a consultant'

did he jump or was he pushed I wonder?
  • nicklouse
    i would say jumped. but only from what i read.

the issues you mention would have nothing to do with him. as it would come down to the buyer.
  • Andy B
    Yup, the QC issues are nothing to do with Brant he was only the (design?) consultant. It would, as you point out be the buyer at CRC/Hotlines who dropped the ball there

I quite like the fella from what I know of him

Brant that is...
  • Atz
    He also visited factories etc as well so he was far more involved than you're both saying
  • Andy B
    Atz wrote:
    He also visited factories etc as well so he was far more involved than you're both saying
    I've visited the Orange factory in Halifax

Doesn't mean I am involved with Orange bikes though.
  • Atz
    Well, if you were involved in selecting the factory I'd say it was a fair analogy but you weren't so it's not. Brant on the other hand was involved in selecting the suppliers, visiting factories and so on. He's spent rather a lot of time in the far east over the last couple of years.
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    Once a cowboy always a cowboy. I'm sorry but any brand he touches is touched by the sh*tty stick, and I sure as hell wouldn't go near it.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Andy B wrote:
    I've visited the Orange factory in Halifax
    Well now we know who to blame :lol:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    eh wrote:
    Once a cowboy always a cowboy. I'm sorry but any brand he touches is touched by the sh*tty stick, and I sure as hell wouldn't go near it.

Most of his brands have produced at least some things worth paying attention to. On One have some great options, the Nukeproof frames have been well received (despite the slowness to market), the Ragleys did something different and interesting (yes there's QC issues, no they're not universal or even prevalent)

The thread on STW is typical emo-rage over a small number of issues. I had a defective Mmmbop, so I got it replaced, simple. That guy with the Pig was outraged to be offered an extra option- "Try and fix it and if it doesn't work we'll replace it"- what's wrong with that? Rather than most manufacturers' "Try and fix it and we'll blame you for the fault"

Every brand he works for is touched by the interesting stick.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • When I heard this I thought about visiting STW but not sure I could cope with the fallout.
  • NeillyB
    NeillyB Posts: 8,288
    Bring back the Gimp. Always wanted one.
    WHOO
  • fatwomble
    fatwomble Posts: 117
    Good news, always had a soft spot for On-One.
  • mac_man
    mac_man Posts: 918
    And it looks like he's living in my old house in Hebden Bridge...

I was at a friends house on the same street a couple of weeks back for a BBQ and party, when I sees this Nukeproof branded van roll up, and a lean baldy headed bloke get out and go into my old house. My neighbour tells me he'd only just recently moved in.

Can't be many lean baldy headed guys driving Nukeproof branded vans around West Yorkshire :D

Will have to drop by and say hi.

Anyone want any comments handing over...? :lol:
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk