and now for something completely different!

mr_eddy
mr_eddy Posts: 830
edited August 2011 in Your mountain bikes
So here is my pretty rare Massi Carbon hardtail. I swapped it for my Planet X Road bike which was just too harsh, also I was missing the local trails.

Its a 2008 purchased as a frameset only, Built up with the following spec:

Frame: Medium Massi Pro Carbon frame
Groupset: 2009 XT (with the exception of a Deore shifter soon to be replaced)
Brakes: Hayes stroker Trail 180/160mm
Wheels: Cane Creek Tubeless (not sure of model as they have been de-stickered)
Forks: 2010 Rock Shox Reba SL Dual Air with Remote L/Out
Seatpost: UST Titanium
Seat: Sella Italia (can't remember make but swapping soon for charge spoon for comfort)
Bars: Easton EA70 Flat Bar (soon to be swapped for FSA K Lite Carbon)
Stem: Easton EA90
Tyres: Nobby Nic/Racing Ralph (soon to be swapped for Conti Race King supersonic2.0)
Club Roost grips

DSC_0180.jpg

Comments

• mr_eddy
    Forgot to mention current weight is around 23-24lbs but that is from a bathroom scale so could be +/- a lb or so.

with some slight spec changes I should get it to around the 21-22lb mark which I think is pretty good.
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    mr_eddy wrote:
    Forgot to mention current weight is around 23-24lbs but that is from a bathroom scale so could be +/- a lb or so.

with some slight spec changes I should get it to around the 21-22lb mark which I think is pretty good.

21lbs would be quite light! i rode a 25lb vitus the other day and was amazed! good spec but i have to admit im not such a fan of the frame! :lol:
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • johnsav
    johnsav Posts: 775
    looking nice that. I think the graphics with the carbon weave are a bit marmite.

not sure about the amount of spacers on your steerer though?
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Is the frame the correct size for you? Looks a little small considering the seat height and number of spacers.

Certainly looks very clean though!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Monkeypump wrote:
    Is the frame the correct size for you? Looks a little small considering the seat height and number of spacers.

Certainly looks very clean though!

not just that. the saddle is right forward as well.

it looks set up for a commuting position, upright.

sorry it is totally wrong.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mr_eddy
    Not had chance to sort saddle out etc, As mentioned I have a charge spoon coming so basically waiting for that to turn up then will be sorted properly though