Indoor Skydiving, Anyone been?

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
I'm going tomorrow with my mrs, it should be a giggle

ive always wanted to do a parachute jump, but im not really into going about 400,0000ft up an jumping out of an aeroplane so this is the next best thing i think

has anyone done it?
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I've done it. I was rubbish. I just span around and around and ended up with drool all over my face but my missus was really good at it. Its great fun and the instructors are mighty impressive with all their tricks and stuff.
  • Must be a very tall room.
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    On the basejumping doc that was on telly a few months ago, the guy jumped from one of the roof catwalks inside the O2 arena. About 150 ft I think. Utterly terrifying.
    <a>road</a>
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,382
    Did it for my 30th. Great fun. Lots of dribble.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I walked out with a massive smile on my face and I thought - yep, enjoyed that; huge fan.
  • Maxticate
    Maxticate Posts: 193
    I walked out with a massive smile on my face and I thought - yep, enjoyed that; huge fan.

no pun intended :D

I did it for my birthday, it was ok but the other half who was watching reported back that whilst I was in there a small girl watching asked her mum

"mummy, what's wrong with that man's face"

Seeing the film and still photos afterwards I could see what she meant, the air pressure made my nostrils huge and my cheeks flap. I never knew my face was so rubbery. :D
  • mudcow007
    fantanstico

my mrs bought me a voucher to do it for Christmas an to be honest i had forgotten all about it until the weekend when i found said voucher

booked it last night

my arms an stomach muscles are already killing me from playing on the "Go-Ape" in delamere forest yesterday
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    You can create the same effect by turning the office fan to hyper speed and pointing it towards the ceiling :lol: . A work colleague went to Milton Keynes and enjoyed it but said the time in the air was too short for the cost.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • mudcow007
    redvee wrote:
    A work colleague went to Milton Keynes and enjoyed it but said the time in the air was too short for the cost.

too right!

this is for 2 x 60 second flights for £30 or £40 each!!!
  • mudcow007
    well i flew last night

Amazing! i loved it an i'm thinking of booking 10 sessions (learn to fly or something they called it)

the bloke said to everyone the more relaxed you are the better you fly, so as soon as i got in there i locked up thinking "im doing good here"

my legs are still hurting now from the cramps!

deffo recommend it