Clunking Noise

twalker
twalker Posts: 5
edited August 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Ok, What have i done ? i have just changed my frame and built up my bike,, all was ok no noise and was fine, thought i will give it a good clean, used de grease stuff on the bike and now have a clunking or tapping noise,,, been looking a reasons but a lot of the questions are is it when you are pedeling or not,,, well mine is doing it all the time while moving ,,,, any ideas, i think i must have removed the lubrication from somewhere but dont know where,,,, Checked eveything and all is tight. ???? thanks

Comments

• case of taking bolts out one by one and greasing moving areas. Just because it's tight, doesn't mean it won't clunk. My top shock bolt clunks unless it's greased for example no matter how tight I make it
  • twalker
    Cheers mate will have a go i do think i have degreased something
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    It's a case of systematically eliminating things it could be. If it happens when you're freewheeling as well as when you're pedalling, and there's nothing obviously loose (such as headset) that suggests wheels. So you're looking at wheel not sitting correctly in the dropouts, loose hub - which would be obvious from the wheel wobbling, tyre clearance or maybe a loose spoke. Or none of the above. Or several of the above. Or suspension.
  • twalker
    Hell, sounds like a real bugger, i will give it all a good looking at
  • twalker
    Sodding seat post