Sky Dogma at 6550g

Comments

• Dunkeldog
    Dunkeldog Posts: 138
    Absolute beauty. Ride with pride - I know I would.
  • Thanks for taking the time to share this with us. Only wish I could borrow it for he weekend. It is a stunning machine. Hope you continue to enjoy.
  • canbakay
    canbakay Posts: 282
    thank you for the lovely comments - it has stretched the budget several times but the way I see it, ill live longer & at this pace, happier!

IF anyone has a 303 2010-2011 rear tubular zipp who want to trade or chat bout a trade please PM!
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I like the colour scheme looks great.

Surprised at the weight as well know the Dogma is no lightweight. Sky bikes are know to be over the UCI 6.8kg limit.
  • 52Teeth
    52Teeth Posts: 67
    The bike is awesome.

The kit looks awesome on. Ride and wear what you like and don't give a xxxx what anybody else thinks.

Now then more important than all this. What the he'll do you treat your grass with! It's outstanding.
  • canbakay
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    I like the colour scheme looks great.

Surprised at the weight as well know the Dogma is no lightweight. Sky bikes are know to be over the UCI 6.8kg limit.

yes very true! if the frame were, say a cervelo r3 it would have ± 6kg..my seatpost alone is 250g!

but i like the solid feel!

I will eventually build a sub 5.5 kg but that will take time.
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • canbakay
    52Teeth wrote:
    The bike is awesome.

The kit looks awesome on. Ride and wear what you like and don't give a xxxx what anybody else thinks.

Now then more important than all this. What the he'll do you treat your grass with! It's outstanding.

thank you! haha yes i agree - im always open to criticism/different opinions but aesthetics/fashion...not so much!

as for the grass..north yorkshire weather!
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • canbakay
    So a few changes, 303/404 now gone replaced by 404 firecrests with veloflex carbons. Look keo ti blades and another cage. A custom prologo saddle clip is on the way with a dual flag pattern & name. Have been thinking of fiber lyte chainrings which would save 61g but decided that I wont be investing in my drive train...waiting to see what the campy will be like vs di2.

6358846511_5cf27ee333_z.jpg
    photo-3 by canbakay
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • That is one awesome build. I'm liking the new Zipps. What are they like compared to the older shape rims?
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    Loving the build!
    Especially the Sram Red and Zipps!
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • Strange - first thing I thought was - wow that's a lovely shade of black!

Somehow that shiny, lovely gloopy blue goes really well with the black!

A stunning bike!
  • canbakay
    VeloJay wrote:
    That is one awesome build. I'm liking the new Zipps. What are they like compared to the older shape rims?

marketing and BS aside, they are better in the winds and rear is considerably stiffer.
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • canbakay
    thank you for the lovely comments gents.

Looks like the sram red is going. Will be replaced with di2, routing will naturally be external. The frame may be converted into di2 specific towards the spring - not sure yet. Ill have to see how much the redundant cable stops will bother me. Will get about 200g heavier as well but I stopped caring about weight a while ago.
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • canbakay wrote:
    I stopped caring about weight a while ago.

As well you should: that is a gorgeous bike and past a certain point the efficiency of a bicycle (not to mention the look) is best achieved through the pursuit of goals besides weight loss!
  • ste_
    ste_ Posts: 124
    Beautiful bike - well done.
  • Fursty Ferret
    Fursty Ferret Posts: 189
    I have fashioned a small but discreet voodoo doll of the OP. I shall start sticking pins in it and muttering mumbo jumbo. This will result in him sending me his bike. It's all very simple when you know how.
  • Technik
    Technik Posts: 35
    What a beauty!
    Just one question - why have you decided in favour of the Di2 and not the new EPS?
  • canbakay
    bd24x7 wrote:
    Cool Bike with nice garden . . What is the price of this bike now ?

if you're interested i can come up with a figure, ill be working 80 hour weeks so bike may need to go to a happier home!
    I have fashioned a small but discreet voodoo doll of the OP. I shall start sticking pins in it and muttering mumbo jumbo. This will result in him sending me his bike. It's all very simple when you know how.

how about a drag race for the pinkslip? :D
    Technik wrote:
    What a beauty!
    Just one question - why have you decided in favour of the Di2 and not the new EPS?

i've decided against both to be honest, more than the price it is that with electronic you feel very disconnected from the bike..so keeping it as it is or may go super record 11 mechanical. i like the clunky gear feel and the reaction from the bike rather than a computer.... on second thought super record EPS price is just too absurd!!

one thing that will go if it stays sram is the chainset...to what, i dont know.
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • tv
    tv Posts: 338
    nice house, garden and bike!
  • Fursty Ferret
    Fursty Ferret Posts: 189
    Up until now only one thing made me feel poor, and that was flying economy long haul. I now have to add 'looking at other peoples mega-bikes on the internet'.

Only one thing for it. I'm going to mug some grannies.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    oh yes!!!
  • canbakay
    a few updates that i've wanted for a while. I sanded the handlebars down to its nude UD look, clear coated it. thinking of doing it to the stem but not sure yet.

sram red got replaced with di2, it is externally routed but turned out much much better than i expected. mosquito bikes did a great job setting it up! Ill add some routing photos if anyone is interested.

wet sanding with 600
    7748040060_501d6fcc60_b.jpg
    photo-5 by canbakay, on Flickr

first layer of coating
    7748053228_b952c2357c_b.jpg
    photo-1 by canbakay, on Flickr

second layer of coating
    7748048038_54b0ef0d2f_b.jpg
    photo-2 by canbakay, on Flickr
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • canbakay
    the 3t ltd grey line didnt quite fit, much cleaner this way
    7748050152_889c0667d1_b.jpg
    photo-4 by canbakay, on Flickr

the lizard skin race tape, similar pattern to the dimples on zipp rims, a nice match imo.
    7748042438_a2909e302e_b.jpg
    photo by canbakay, on Flickr

will upload a proper photo.
    7748037434_f4e32827d8_b.jpg
    d1 by canbakay, on Flickr
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Now THAT is a nice bike. I'll just have to keep dreaming....

Unless you want to give it to me? :)

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    marusches wrote:
    lovely bike but, but black and blue just does not work.You never wear black and blue together it's a fashion disaster.also,i aint a fan of amateurs riding/wearing pro kit it is as bad as the fat ars* clown footy fans wearing man u shirts pretending they are rooney.

What a stupid thing to say ! Shouldn't anyone use Dura Ace then ? What about SRAM Red ? What about anything else that's available at your local dealer that the Pros happen to use ? Like a Dogma 60.1 :roll:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • canbakay
    electrical tape makes for clean cables

7794122326_260b9dd450_b.jpg
    DSC_1520 by canbakay, on Flickr

7794118822_f90b1b0573_b.jpg
    DSC_1499 by canbakay, on Flickr
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    BBH wrote:
    Nice bike!!!
    Nice House & Garden!!!!

He's using a very good camera and lens too. I suspect an L-lens..
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Gabbo wrote:
    BBH wrote:
    Nice bike!!!
    Nice House & Garden!!!!

He's using a very good camera and lens too. I suspect an L-lens..

An L-lens on a Nikon?!?

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • I'm sure that they're lovely bikes but the Dogma frames just look totally uninspiring. Old Pinarello's all the way!

Nice house as well, is it yours?
  • Sussed out
    Sussed out Posts: 189
    I'd love a ha-ha in my garden. Good commitment to lining up valves, pedals horizontal etc.