Hadleigh Farm - xc race on Sunday

gregwari
gregwari Posts: 230
edited August 2011 in MTB general
Went to Hadleigh today to watch both a men's and women's xc race - gotta be honest, first xc race I've been to.
OK, not as pretty as Dalby (as above, only ridden Dalby - not watched an xc race there) or any other forest course I've been to but it was a lot more technical than I expected. I've seen the video's on youtube and photo's in the MB UK etc, all of which didn't really do the course justice. I expected a canal type tow-path event with a few rocks thrown in for good measure. However, the rock gardens though looked awsome, the two drop sections were great and had the croud hooked (saw one of the UK riders stack it and face plant down Deans drop, which also had a rock garden at the top - ouch! fair play though, got straight up and carried on).
I know the course has it's critics, I was one of them - but credit where credits due... it made for a good day out, I saw some pretty amazing riding (you can pretty much follow the riders around the course on foot), and really enjoyed the day. Not sure if they're planning on doing any more events before the Olympics, if they do and you have your doubts, pop down and judge for yourself.

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Oh good, i would of liked to of gone but it clashed with too many other things :roll: How long was the race?
    did the track hold up well?
    was it video'd at all?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • drewcole81
    drewcole81 Posts: 528
    I was there too!

The course looks very good, well built and held up well... considering there were 2 motocross bikes leading adn tailing the riders all day long too.

The womans race was good... other than none the GB riders really getting anywhere in it, The mens race was really fast pasts with the French chap riding rings around everyone!

All in all I thought it was very good other than the sunburnt head and face I now have due to there not really being any shelter!

Can't wait to get a go on the track myself!
    ....DaZeD aNd CoNfUsEd....