Whinlatter- Removal of South trail northshore!!!!

pots74
pots74 Posts: 62
edited August 2011 in Routes
Hi all,
I was at Whinlatter yesterday and found that they have removed some of the northshore, the skinny board drop. Not only that but the nice table top before the left hand berm has been lowered by at least half? What the **** I was there a fortnight ago and everything was as normal. Anyone heard anything???
I have never been lost but I do admit to being confused for several weeks!

Specialized Enduro Expert EVO 2012

Comments

• pots74
    pots74 Posts: 62
    Just a quick update!
    I spoke to the forestry commission, who told me that the board drop had been taken away as it needed replacing. However when it came to the reduction in tabletop height they were a little more coy.
    Since the trails where opened there have been many alterations particularly on the north. Clixbys built the trails, so they were built by mountain bikers for mountain bikers, so why so many alterations :? Please not health & safety again. This is the bane of our lives! If your a biker then you accept the risks that come with it. If there was no risk, where would the fun be? :x
    I have never been lost but I do admit to being confused for several weeks!

Specialized Enduro Expert EVO 2012
  • stevie_
    stevie_ Posts: 19
    i noticed this at hamsterley at the weekend, and it's a conversation i've had before with craig at hamsterley DH hut (although i'm not a donwhiller, he's a very friendly bloke).

he told me that all it takes is a logged accident and slowly but surely every feature vanishes from trails unless the local committee, riders etc points out the blindingly obvious - the usual "blue red black is this for you" signs tell people what they need to know.

personally i think theres areas of the north and south much more likely to cause you trouble than a slatey tabletop on a long descent.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    I hope they don't go OTT with any modifications. It just downgrades the trails so black becomes red, red becomes blue and so on. There will be no way of challenging your skills soon. Everything will be flat and straight before you know it.

Please just leave the trails as is and give the bikers the choice. They are mostly sensible enough to know there own limitations.