Scott CR1 2011 Comp for £1280?

PKRAZOR
PKRAZOR Posts: 89
edited August 2011 in Road buying advice
Local bike shop said he can sell me that bike new for above prive instead of the usual £1599, due to new 2012 models coming out in autumn, which according to him haven't changed much.

Bargain? CR1 any good? Anyone got one?

Comments

• I wouldn't say its a bargain, about the going rate for discounts at the moment
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • janwal
    janwal Posts: 489
    Love my cr1 team, essentially the same frame,different spec.Like you I bought at end of year sale.Search the bikeradar reviews they give it 4 stars and really like it as a top all round bike.Don't think you will go far wrong.Offer him £1100 he can only haggle with you and you may save a bit more. Good luck.
  • JRooke
    JRooke Posts: 243
    Its hardly the deal of the century, but your not getting screwed, your getting a really good popular reliable frame, like janwal said, there is definitely room for some haggling and putting money in to your local bike shop is never a bad thing for the future health of ur machine.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Nice bike, although £1280 is going rate for this close-out 2011 bike:

http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/produc ... roduct=CR1 Comp - 2011

I was considering one last year at a similar price but it came with 18sp Tiagra (I wanted 20sp so I could swap a SRAM groupset between an older bike and the new frame). 2011 model now seems to come with 105, and the frame is a little nicer looking too.

As previous posters have said, should be able to haggle down from the "standard" £1280. I seem to remember Dales cycles oing a great deal on these last year, so perhaps worth seeing if the LBS wil lprice match?
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • domhopson
    domhopson Posts: 259
    Well the Frameset (badged CR1Pro) is £1199, and is the same frameset across the CR1 range other than the CR1 SL so go for it.