Tyre Pressure's

matt@theforce
matt@theforce Posts: 647
edited August 2011 in MTB general
As I live within 25mins ride of Wharncliffe Woods & 10mins ride of Langsett I ride my Cube to all of my offroad routes.

I run my inner tubes quite hard to aid rolling to get to where I'm going. Once there I've never thought to drop the pressure but having ridden over from Langsett towards Ladybower and back last week I think that maybe I should be letting some pressure out to help with traction on loose stone & rocks etc.

I found the bike to be quite skittish & difficult to control on both the climb and the desents

Do you alter your tube/tyre pressures if commuting to your offroad route?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    in a word yes.

see the info in the FAQs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    in a word yes.

see the info in the FAQs.

Cheers
  • paul_75
    paul_75 Posts: 61
    As I live within 25mins ride of Wharncliffe Woods & 10mins ride of Langsett I ride my Cube to all of my offroad routes.

I run my inner tubes quite hard to aid rolling to get to where I'm going. Once there I've never thought to drop the pressure but having ridden over from Langsett towards Ladybower and back last week I think that maybe I should be letting some pressure out to help with traction on loose stone & rocks etc.

I found the bike to be quite skittish & difficult to control on both the climb and the desents

Do you alter your tube/tyre pressures if commuting to your offroad route?

i was at Ae 7 stane on sunday morning, had my tyres blown up to 65psi for road use, didnt bother to let air out and my front end was all over the place, any turns on loose gravel and the front would slide even at slow speed, i even fell off the bike doing about 1 mph up a steep hill when the front tyre let go and the handlebar cracked my knee (glad it wasnt busy) slowing on the down hill past wasnt great either, the last twice my pressure was around 35psi and the grip was fine