Lands End to John o Groats equipment advice

2»

Comments

• Hello everybody!

Just got back from my Lands End to John O'Groats cycle ride! It was amazing and we completed it in 14 days, with panniers on and a serious lack of training! My Giant Escape 3 bike was AMAZING! No problems whatsoever, and I only had to top up the tyres twice. Didn't know I could develop an emotional attachment with a bike! A stark contrast to my friends Halfords' Apollo bike which was constantly breaking down (12 punctures, new wheel, new crank, cogs and gear shifter).

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know. Thanks for all your help! And I thoroughly recommend the trip! (And Giant bicycles!!)

steve
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    Congratulations! That's a good pull with such little prep. :D
  • Chapeau to you and especially to your apollo mounted mate.
    :D
  • That is good going. I was doubtful you'd make it. Well done.
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Very well done - I hate to be pessimistic, but I was about your chances based on your preparation!

I am sure it took a lot of determination, and that can get you through almost anything - very impressed!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Great stuff !

Tell us more about how you found the trip please ?
  • Top man!!!! Bet you had one hell of an adventure! Just goes to show that all the advice in the world can't beat a determination to do something!
    For the benefits of those who would like to try something similar, any chance of posting more detail on your route and experiences?