The price of Bikes - Bargains to be had!

flyer
flyer Posts: 608
edited July 2011 in Road beginners
I have just bought a new bike and the last time I bought one was June 2008. It was a Spesh Roubiax Pro Carbon/Dura Ace etc for £2000.

The same bike now with a few small upgrades is £3500

I have always had Srecialized but their prices (in my opinion) are excessive.

There are bargains about at this time of year if you get the discontinued models.

I managed to get £500 of Scott CR1 Pro full Ultegra and KSYRUM Elite wheels for £1999.

The Spesh Roubaix is 3k for same spec, maybe a better bike but I dont think the wheels are as good!

Retailers will give good discounts on the less popular brands

Flyer

Comments

• balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    Perhaps the best bargain is not buying a new bike every ten minutes..!
  • Great, another useless thread
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    You could have got an Izalco Pro with Dura-ace and Mavic Ksyrium Elite for 2 k when wiggle had their 20% TDF offer on.....
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Great, another useless thread

+1

This basically amounts to: end-of-line stock is often cheaper, and inflation has made things more expensive. If we had a 'Life Beginners' forum then this thread would be in there...
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Thebigbee
    Thebigbee Posts: 570
    balthazar wrote:
    Perhaps the best bargain is not buying a new bike every ten minutes..!

Hey that is unfair - it is an amazing bargain posted on a beginners thread if you are a beginner that has £2000 to spend on a new bike!!
  • flyer
    flyer Posts: 608
    Thebigbee dont worry I have broad sholders and had and seen a lot worse.

After all SloppySchleckonds has been a member for less than two weeks.

I love the bike by the way did 46 miles on it today, just need to adjust saddle position and maybe reduce stem but will give it a few hundred miles first

Flyer
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    No need to gun the guy down at all. I have seen far more pointless threads on here and copious willy waving ones too. This is the 'Road Beginners' for a reason...

Good luck with the new machine flyer btw.