Shimano RS80 Spokes

Headhuunter
Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
edited May 2012 in Road buying advice
I seem to have popped a spoke on the none drive side of my rear Shimano RS80. Does anyone know where to get spares from? I have been frantically Googling but no luck so far... The Shimano website says:

RH:butted(2.0/1.8/2.0)bladed LH:butted(2.0/1.5/2.0)bladed

I suppose it's the left hand one I need, certainly the non drive side is on the left if you are facing forwards with the bike....
Do not write below this line. Office use only.

Comments

• rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,832
    Try contacting Madison.

I think they are the UK importer for Shimano.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • tjkey17
    tjkey17 Posts: 69
    Headhunter, have any luck? I crashed last night and need a couple of spoke replacements...
  • racingcondor
    racingcondor Posts: 1,434
    http://www.slanecycles.com/advanced_search_result.html?y=16&x=30&keyword=spoke+Shimano+RS80

Seem to be the only online shop I can see. No idea if they actually stock them or just list them on the website though so you may be in for a wait (or your LBS could order them but then you know you're in for a wait).
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Might be worth going back to your retailer. I heard that Madison were a bit funny with spoke replacement for after market Shimano wheels so why not see if the folks who sold you the wheels have any luck. I must admit, this was one of the factors that made me choose my LBS to source the wheels, not that I have had any problems since.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    swinnertoncycles - drop them an email, they helped me out with spokes for C35 wheels (not that i needed them!)
  • tjkey17
    tjkey17 Posts: 69
    Cheers guys, the wheels came on a second hand bike I got off the forum, will email round these places to get some
  • kim10
    kim10 Posts: 186
    I just went in to my LBS and told them what I needed. They then ordered it from Maddison and they arrived a few days later.