I've an add in the wanted section if you can help :wink:

Comments

• Irri_Tant
    Irri_Tant Posts: 195
    as per advert

should have said in OP that I'm after one with flat bars
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Best help I can offer you is to get yourself a racer. Mark on the bars where you reckon flat bars would have your hands and stick it in the gear closest to that offered by a fixie.

After your first decent length ride, see how long you were willing to keep your hands in the one position and how the novelty of not changing gear lasts.

Sorry, but I really don't get the fixie fad, soon hopefully to become the fixie fade away.

Peter
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Stanley222 wrote:
    northpole wrote:
    After your first decent length ride, see how long you were willing to keep your hands in the one position and how the novelty of not changing gear lasts.

Why does riding a singlespeed or fixie mean you can't move your hands?!

Well the op said - flat bars, (Narrow, hipster fashion, one presumes).
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Irri_Tant
    Irri_Tant Posts: 195
    All

Current stead is a Boardman Hybrid Pro. I'm ride it in large front cog and fith down on the rear. Trying not to use 1 to 4 but do use 6 to 9 when conditions allow.

Handle bars are kit so hand position id fixed unless I use the bar ends which I use very little

HTH

still looking for a fixie though may go for flip-flop, just depands what turns up I guess
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Checkout the for sale section on the lfgss forum http://www.lfgss.com/forum6.html