E13 DRS and Trek Remedy 8 (2011)

madmossy
madmossy Posts: 42
edited July 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hey folks,

Been having a rediculous amount of trouble trying to get this thing fitted correctly.

Bike is stock other than this chain guide, ive converted it to 2x10 (big ring replaced with bash guard) got it all working fine, shifting works great etc. The problem is no matter what I do I cannot get the chain guide to line up correctly.

Doing as stated in the instructions (using 1 wear plate) results in the granny ring being too close and the chain catching on the wear plate, removing the wear plate solves the chain catching issue but then results in the chain guide rollers being totally out of line as in the chains half on half off, and when using the middle ring it catches on the roller cage.

BB is 73mm so according to the instructions no spacer is needed, using one solves the above issue but then results in the roller cage catching on the drive side crank meaning you cant pedal!.

Has anyone installed an E13 DRS on there Remedy because I must be doing something wrong for it be causing this much stress!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the cranks are?

and how id the device fitted?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • madmossy
    Cranks are Shimano M552 or what ever they are called.

DRS is BB mounted.
  • nicklouse
    ok try one BB spacer fitted after the device.

so frame - device - spacer - cup. maybe get some 1mm spacers and try them instead.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • madmossy
    Tried using a BB spacer but that means the roller cage sticks out too far and stops the cranks turning.

The spacer used is a 2.5mm but a 1mm would still click the cranks.
  • nicklouse
    no it can not in the way I said if you use it BB spacer device cup then it will.