Can anyone id these pedals?

godders1
godders1 Posts: 750
edited August 2011 in Road buying advice
Just won a crankset on ebay and comes with pedals as per the pics. Anyone know what make/type they are?

ped3.jpg

ped2.jpg

ped1.jpg

Cheers

Comments

• They look like the old Look Keo pedals
  • godders1
    Now you've said that it does like the worn lettering on the side says "KEO". Thanks.

Do you know if newer Keo cleats will work with the older pedals?
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Those ones in your pics look like the original Keos out a few years ago. I got a feeling the cleat shape did change but I could be wrong.
  • rjsmith
    rjsmith Posts: 1,924
    I had a little bid on that at the end but was a bit worried the pedals might be stuck on the cranks. A good buy if all works out.

Some Keos were recalled I think with something to do with the axles, so do double check.
  • godders1
    rjsmith wrote:
    I had a little bid on that at the end but was a bit worried the pedals might be stuck on the cranks. A good buy if all works out.

Some Keos were recalled I think with something to do with the axles, so do double check.
    Thanks for the heads up.
  • godders1
    At first it looked like bad news. The pedals were indeed stuck on pretty rigid and not only that but one of the bearings had come off the axle and was stuck inside the BB cup.

But with liberal use of WD40 (left to penetrate over night) and some brute force I got the pedals off.

And the fact it came with BB cups is a plus, if I can get the bearing out of one of them it’ll save me having to buy new. I will need a new set of bearings but after more research it turns out the pedals are Keo carbons so should fetch a few quid if I sell them on, hopefully enough for the bearings (around £15-£20).

Despite looking a bit grubby in the ebay pics the chainset cleaned up nicely and is actually in pretty good nick. So all in all it seems like I got a pretty nice chainset for not much money (and a bit of sweat).

DSC05552.jpg
  • rjsmith
    rjsmith Posts: 1,924
    Glad it all worked out :D