The Responsible Adult Morning™ thread

2»

Comments

• ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    Me neither! hope it goes well for you..... and hope primaries take you up on making their lives a bit easier. I don't envy primary teachers, all they seem to do is mark! no time to make attainment trackers themselves!
  • KitsuneAndy
    KitsuneAndy Posts: 164
    whyamihere wrote:
    Afternoon. Just had a couple more holes stabbed in me, ears this time.

Always a good feeling. I have tuesday off to get more ink done.

I'm sure I can't be the only one that actually enjoys being tattooed. Although, last time i was there, some bloke was actually crying. Wuss.
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    what you getting done

I find it relatively uncomfortable but I do enjoy getting it done, back at end of Sept to get more done on my half sleeve
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    I'm having some mor ink for my birthday supposidly?
    Wifey wants No2's name on me and hers branded on me somewhere :shock:

I did have this idea for No2 but not sure where to put it?
    dammit, cant find it, but this is what wifey wants to put on my chest in like a shield over my left tit
    http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/v ... its005.jpg
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • t0pc4t
    nice, my wife absolutely hates my tattoos
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • KitsuneAndy
    t0pc4t wrote:
    what you getting done

I find it relatively uncomfortable but I do enjoy getting it done, back at end of Sept to get more done on my half sleeve

More work on my sleeve, slowly getting it coloured in. Pretty much finished up to the elbow now other than some touch ups and fine detail.

My tattooist always warns people that want their other half's name on them that it's a bit of a curse!
  • VWsurfbum
    KitsuneAndy
    thats exactly why i dont want it, but she had mine done really small under her wedding rings, so she thinks i should do the same :?

Obviously i'd like No2's name done, and i designed a Ambigram for it, but i just dont know where to put it?
    i dont like them on show (due to work) but other than my upper arms which on onside is tattoed already and the other side has a large scar
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not a good day - stacked the bike yesterday, broken a few ribs.
  • KitsuneAndy
    edited July 2011
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    KitsuneAndy
    thats exactly why i dont want it, but she had mine done really small under her wedding rings, so she thinks i should do the same :?

Obviously i'd like No2's name done, and i designed a Ambigram for it, but i just dont know where to put it?
    i dont like them on show (due to work) but other than my upper arms which on onside is tattoed already and the other side has a large scar

Chest? over your heart?

Edit:

if you didn't want her name, could you not get a design that symbolised something about her, or you both. That might keep her happy, while also be better for you if you don't want her name written on you.
  • VWsurfbum
    supersonic wrote:
    Not a good day - stacked the bike yesterday, broken a few ribs.
    Need to ride more and eat less :wink:
    Was you testing tyres for wash out?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • supersonic
    Lol, wet grass, no grip! I landed pretty hard, flet my whole ribcage bend inwards and spring back.
  • VWsurfbum
    supersonic wrote:
    Lol, wet grass, no grip! I landed pretty hard, flet my whole ribcage bend inwards and spring back.
    nasty, i hat broken ribs, especially if you get a cold and sneeze a lot, thats a lot of pain right there!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • t0pc4t
    ouch that sounds nasty

surfbum, I am the same the only one of mine you can see is my right arm and then only when I wear a short sleeve shirt or T shirt

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • supersonic
    Keep finding new injuries! Wrist has taken a beating (hehe), and seem to have torn something near my shoulder.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Sonic you legend,

Will be waiting eagerly for the bruise piccies from that one!
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    supersonic wrote:

dude sounds nasty, nope they arent too painful!

I was away on a team building weekend once and we were horse trekking through a forest when mine threw me and i landed on my back, not a problem really apart from i had a coil of rop and a dslr in my rucksack, cue 6 broken ribs - i know your pain SS!!
  • VWsurfbum
    can you see how ive spent the last few mins?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    can you see how ive spent the last few mins?
    I can see unfortunately :(

Actually, I can respect the reasons for people liking 29ers. It depends on their use of it. If it's an all day machine then they make perfect sense but if it's one bike for everything then it's not great as they're harder to throw around in the air etc. It bet one'd be far harder at the BMX track than my 26" hardtail ie. clearing jumps, whips and manualing. The same thing applies for the DJs and DH course and freeride bits.

It's mainly just fun to call 29er riders hippies. :P

Sorry for a mainly sensible psot being in the CC :oops:
  • supersonic
    I wrote a very sensible piece on 29ers in this months WMB.

Personally I think they are for beardies, but hey ho.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Got 4 piercings at the moment, with a few more planned. Tattoos will wait until I'm on something more than a student budget, as I really can't afford to have what I want done. May get a small one next year though.
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    evening all

Had a crap day in work and the only highlight was supposed to be the ride in and out unfortunately the whole ride was a case of me trying to diognose where the grinding/clicking noise was coming from so after picking up a workstand from Lidl yesterday i thought it'd be a good idea to test it out. The Meta is now in many many pieces on the kitchen floor and have found two seized bearings in the rear shock linkage so going to try soaking them overnight in oil (used to work with my skates) to see if they free up or it's a new bearing set :-( i get the feeling i picked a bike that will become a pain in the arse in the near future.

Oh this weekend the swim and start of the bike section of the uk ironman triathlon is about 500 yards from my house, even though they're road bike there has been some impressive bikes knocking around the last few days with riders practicing the couse. May even have a wonder over to watch on the way back from the pub sunday morning.
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?