Roubaix Expert 2012 or S-Works

highlander777
highlander777 Posts: 67
edited July 2011 in Road buying advice
Looking to get a new bike

I see that I could pick up a bargin on 2011 Expert but hate the colour. The 2012 is black and white and looks good, however I will want to change the wheels + i like the idea of SRAM, Hence I might go mad and do a build off the SWORKS Roubiax frame.

Anyone else got a SWorks farme - worth it??

Comments

• carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    edited July 2011
    I have a roubaix pro- my bro in law has an expert. same frame but expert is Ultegra group, whereas pro is mainly dura ace

I think the expert/pro frame is as good as you need to get- unless you can build an s works frame up with ultegra for £3000 (unlikely ) I'd go for a expert. I got an as new pro for £2000 and it is largely dura-ace kit, weighhs 7.4kg and is all the bike anyone would need.

If you can get a cheap s works frame for £1200, ( or primera have a complete s works bike for £3800 ) it may be worth it , otherwise I wouldn't bother TBH
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    What happened to last years wilier ?

Not really much point asking us - we've all got our favourites but they may not suit you.
    Get to a big bike shop and get a good fitting.

A bike that doesn't suit or fit you is no bargain.
  • a wilier Izoard athena but the bike does not suit me

i have had a test roubiax expert for 2 days and like it a lot more than my wilier

wilier is off to ebay ...
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    I'd def build the s-works frame up
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    I have S-works tarmac and compared to previous bikes it is a world apart. Would recommend it to anyone.