Mountain Bike Hire London

Ferenc
Ferenc Posts: 118
edited July 2011 in MTB general
Hi, I have a family member visiting from abroad. I was looking at hiring a bike for a week so that we could cycle together. Does anyone know/ used a service like this before? :roll:

Thanks

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    All depends where you want to ride, what kind of riding, what are their skills?

If you just want to potter around the roads and cycle paths in London, get a Boris Bike each day :D

If you want some proper countryside MTB, you're going to have to get out of London. Where to hire one for a week, not sure. Some bike shops will do them for a day I think.
  • Ferenc
    deadkenny wrote:
    All depends where you want to ride, what kind of riding, what are their skills?

If you just want to potter around the roads and cycle paths in London, get a Boris Bike each day :D

If you want some proper countryside MTB, you're going to have to get out of London. Where to hire one for a week, not sure. Some bike shops will do them for a day I think.

Deadkenny, you must be wanting to increase your post count? :D
    Had the Boris Bikes in mind for London sight seeing, not sure how they will do in Epping though :twisted:
    I am looking for a bike for off road use. My local dealer has something but it sure is really very low end bike (one that would not do well in Epping/ Bracknell Forest).
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    I know the guys do, in the Surrey Hills though.
    http://www.nirvanacycles.com/
    Don't think, BE:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    By Bracknell, I assume you mean Swinley forest then.

For that there's a bike hire shop at Swinley itself by The Look Out.

http://www.wellingtontrek.co.uk/bikehire.php

Alternative option if you want something basic that will do for a week, look on ebay for a cheap second hand off road bike perhaps. Might work out cheaper than daily rentals.

edit: and yeah, as said Nirvana Cycles for Surrey Hills. I've heard they do demo bikes, but didn't know about rentals, but guess it's the same thing really if you're renting for the day. Should get a nice bike that way and can get the money back if you buy one from them :D
  • Ferenc
    deadkenny wrote:
    By Bracknell, I assume you mean Swinley forest then.

For that there's a bike hire shop at Swinley itself by The Look Out.

http://www.wellingtontrek.co.uk/bikehire.php

Alternative option if you want something basic that will do for a week, look on ebay for a cheap second hand off road bike perhaps. Might work out cheaper than daily rentals.

edit: and yeah, as said Nirvana Cycles for Surrey Hills. I've heard they do demo bikes, but didn't know about rentals, but guess it's the same thing really if you're renting for the day. Should get a nice bike that way and can get the money back if you buy one from them :D

Hi Thanks, Kenny, I looked into this already. At £30 a day and then £10 a day thereafter...? I would also be required to put down a hefty deposit as I am from 'out of town'.
    I have found Blazing Saddles through Google and have called most of the others listed. I will call Blazing Saddles tomorrow.

Thanks