Where else to go in Wales?

zoglug
zoglug Posts: 212
edited July 2011 in Routes
Hey everyone,

As if by some beautiful twist of fate, I happen to have a long weekend off work the week after I pick up my new On One 456! :D So, rather than waste it, or cancel it and head back into work I think i'm going to get some use out of my new bike and head off to Wales for the 4 days :twisted: . Plan is to hit various centers there and have some fun and play about on the bike! I plan of going to Coed Llandegla and Coed-y-Brenin, but with only recently getting into this, im not sure where else i should head to. Any where else in North Wales people would recommend or would you head somewhere else? Plan is to head down early doors Friday, hit a centre each day and camp over saving me having to drive back to Manchester each day. Then head back late on the monday to the reality which is the dreaded day job!!! :roll:

Any ideas would be fantastic! :D

Ps, I know some closer to home (Delamere, Lee Quarry, Rivi etc) would just like to make use of the long weekend and get away!
:wink:
iamwhatiam.gif

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If you're new to it, and already hitting Coed y Brenin, then check out the Marin trail in Betws y Coed, and the Penmachno trail in, well, Penmachno, a few miles south of Betws as well. They're both in between Llandegla and Coed y Brenin - so they wouldn't take you out of your way either.
  • x3man
    x3man Posts: 85
    ^^What he said. Although I would particularly recommend Penmachno. Miles of flowing singletrack in a stunning setting - it's hard to beat. And it's usually very quiet. It's not a trail centre though. So no trail side cafs or bike washes!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    There is a pub on the way back to civilisation from Penmachno though, which I hear is quite good.
  • x3man
    Try the Conwy Falls Cafe on the way out. They do the biggest sausage butty I've ever seen! :D
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    edited July 2011
    x3man wrote:
    Try the Conwy Falls Cafe on the way out. They do the biggest sausage butty I've ever seen! :D

Is that the one on the corner at the junction as you turn off to Penmachno from the main road?

Passed it several times but never gone in.
  • x3man
    Yeah. It's on the junction with the A5 and B4406. I'd recommend it.
  • zoglug
    zoglug Posts: 212
    Excellent! Seems like my weekend will be quite eventful!

Coed-y-Brenin is somewhere i want to go, however, it will depend on how i feel once i have been Degla as that is going to be my first stop on the Friday, with hopefully Brenin on the Monday.

Time to head home and look at the routes, watch some vids of what i am in store for! Got to say though, soooooo looking forward to it!
    iamwhatiam.gif
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    yeah as said above, there's plenty of amazing riding to be had up there.

http://mbwales.com/