Changing Poploc over to new forks.... can I do it?

drewcole81
drewcole81 Posts: 528
edited July 2011 in MTB general
Hello all,

I have just bought my new Cube Acid, love being back on a bike again and think it rides really well.... although I do miss my Kona after selling it last year...

First thing I want to change are the forks as the Dart3 are very heavy and not really to my liking anyway.

They have the SLX Poploc fitted which I find very useful so wanted to know if I change to a set of Rebas or Recons can I fit the Poploc to them to use?

Thanks, Drew.
....DaZeD aNd CoNfUsEd....

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what is an SLX poplock?

SLX is a Shimano group set Poplock is a Sram lever.

a Poplock is compatible with any Poplock compatible fork.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • drewcole81
    The Poploc has SLX written on the handle bar unit much like the SLX gear shifters do...
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Does it? That's weird.
  • nicklouse
    pics so we can see what you have then.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • drewcole81
    ..... ignore me....... I'm wrong! dam it!

Sorry :)

So let me rephrase.... I have a SRAM poploc which I'm going to change over to some new forks as they are compatible to make my bike better...

:D:D:D:D:D
  • nicklouse
    see my first reply.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    You can also convert some RS forks to make them poplock compatible. Prob best of speaking to TF tuned about this.
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Depending on the forks you buy, it may come with a poplock anyway.