New Tyres ... But which ones?

lazyarsehole
lazyarsehole Posts: 1,693
edited July 2011 in MTB buying advice
Two bikes, both need new tyres!

Orange P7 - currently a very sorry looking pair of Maxxis ADvantage 2.35's ... wanting fast rolling, light, large volume and grippy in most conditions for a variety of terrain. Have been looking at Maxxis Ardent for the front but what for the rear?

Trek Scratch Air - fed up of the Bontrager tyres that came with the bike, rocky and dry supposedly their strong point but recently the front end let go on me a few times and they are utterly useless in the wet!... Looking at maybe a Minion 2.35 60a on front and High Roller 2.35 60a on the rear... again though, wanting fast rolling, fairly light and grippy in most conditions.

I am a fan of Maxxis but I have heard good things about Schwalbe & Continental tyres too ... I am open to suggestions and would like to know what your choices would be.

Cheers

Comments

• Bike Bloke
    Bike Bloke Posts: 172
    Can recommend 2.35 60A F/R (wire) minions, super grippy - after 1 ride you wont notice the slight extra drag. If you ride rocky stuff the Schwalbes probably wont last long, and along with the good continentals (black chili) are ridiculously expensive! A pair of Minions will cost you ~£48 and should last much longer! I'd probably get 2.5's for your Scratch Air though?