Stolen in Lincoln, Lincolnshire - My pride and joy

Bling Bling
Bling Bling Posts: 67
edited October 2011 in MTB stolen
I expect my bike has been dismantled and turned into Frankensteins monster by now, but worth a try:

Scott Contessa 30 2009 series, women's mountain bike.
Stolen from the Sustrans bike shelter behind the library at the University of Lincoln yesterday (Tuesday 26th July) sometime between 8.30am and 5pm (I work on campus).
It was the standard model hardtail, only noticeable upgrade was the crankset which was silver. Otherwise my bike was black at the rear, white at the front, sort of bamboo leaf design where the two colours met, white seat and gold graphics on the frame. It had an undersaddle bag with my lights and buff in it (yes I know, they'll be in the river by now).

Apparently bike thefts are an almost daily occurrence at the University, there's a few professional thieves operating there. So if you're reading this, and live in Lincoln, then take my advice and don't lock your bike up there. This is my second week working at the uni, and that was the first time I'd ridden my bike there...I feel pretty sick.

...this is beginning to read like an obituary for my bike! RIP ;)

Comments

• waughie
    waughie Posts: 180
    I'll keep an eye out but you're best chance would be to go drive round St Giles or Boultham park a few times.

Makes me glad we have a secure store at our office as i'd never leave mine out in the open!
  • Thanks Waughie, I'm usually so careful and never lock my bike where I suspect it might get stolen, but there was a security hut and two carpark security guys stationed about 15 paces away. My next bike will come into the building with me!
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    Thanks Waughie, but there was a security hut and two carpark security guys stationed about 15 paces away.

Ha are all the security guys still older then the hebrews? I left uni in Lincoln in 2007 and the security guards were useless then! (they were good at spying un-permitted parking and that's about it)
  • Splodz
    Splodz Posts: 1
    Hi. My mountain bike was stolen from the Uni campus today. What a joke.