Gisburn

woodytitan
woodytitan Posts: 163
edited August 2011 in Routes
Anyone ridden it lately hoping to go up on Saturday just wondered if the weather had affected any ares, Hull Gully opn??

Cheers
'11 Cannondale Trail SL3

Comments

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    All fine, weather not been too bad this week so far, if it holds should be nice and dry for this weekend, going Sunday for a blast.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • woodytitan
    I've got a passout while the wife takes young un to a birthday party so it'll be a "right i'm off" bike in car and go!! Took me 3 hours to do the 8 last time out so will be puffing round on my own feel fitter now so aiming for 2.5 hours will see!! got a gimpy wrist as well, d'oh!
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • woodytitan
    1mancity2 where you from?? I'm form skipton.
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Just keep your mouth closed on the way around, the midges and flies are bad, we got eaten alive trail building last Thursday evening.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • woodytitan
    Ooh nice, stumpy, where do you post dig dates I would like to get involved sometime?
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • 1mancity2
    edited July 2011
    Woodytitan I live in Barrnoldswick bud,

went Gizzy last night and its nice and dry, did the red and there is a new Black section opened (1 month or so) couple of jumps to start nice sweeping berm down to a nice drop in, fast single track down to a fast berm that rails you round then to 2 table tops and then links back to the red and back up the hill!!

Going Sunday around 8:30am, can't wait to nail that again :wink:

We go out most Sunday Mornings early to avoid earache from the wife, we do Gizzy at least once a month, Lee quarry once a month and some local trails, wheats hill etc, and we do get to Dalby, Landegla etc drop me a pm and get yourself along.

We are a three usually, age range 41 to 55 with mixed ability from beginner to ok, (ok being a dodgy ok).
  • 1mancity2
    stumpyjon wrote:
    Just keep your mouth closed on the way around, the midges and flies are bad, we got eaten alive trail building last Thursday evening.

Try skin so soft cream from Avon works a treat, X2 on the trail building Stumpy would love to help give something back.
  • stumpyjon
    Excellent, if you both PM me your email addresses I'll add you to the mailing list. We have scheduled dig days every second Sunday in the month, next one is the 14th of August. We also fit extra digs in when we can, even managed an evening dig last week. We're working on a new 1km section of singletrack at the moment to bypass the downhill fireroad on the return leg back towards Cocklett Hill. Bit we've built so far is really nice, all bench cut swoopiness.

You can also check out the events section on www.pmba.org.uk, I tend to post up digs on there and keep it up dated with any Gisburn news.

Tried everything to keep the midges off last week including the Avon stuff. I had high strength DEET repellant on, melted the face of my plastic watch but didn't completely keep the bugs off. Trouble is you sweat hard when digging when it's humid, washes the repellant off.

• Went Gisburn this morning, and seemed ok, fairly dry and Hully Gully was open.

Only disappointing thing lateIy I found regarding Gisburn is people leaving their Rubbish and crap at the Car Park. Big White bags full of rubbish left on the car park and discarded Rubber Gloves. Last week there were a couple of large Camper Vans parked there and assume that the rubbish was left by them as also nearby somone had been building a fire on the car park area.

Really, people need to take their crap and rubbish home with them, some people shouldnt be let loose on the world and should stay the fuck at home!!!!Unfortunetly I only see the problem getting worse as Gisburn gets more popular and starts expanding. :evil: :cry::cry:
  • woodytitan
    Massive fail, snapped my QR skewer friday night whilst working on the bike on my new lidl stand ready for staurday, Gutted is not the word.
    Anyhow got some upgraded skewers and treat the bike to some Peaty Lizard skin grips to make me feel better!!
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • 1mancity2
    It was boiling up there Sunday and well busy even at 8:30am, nice and dry though.

Going up this Thursday around 6pm.
  • stumpyjon
    Ali, if you're up there Thursday stop and say hello on your way back to Cocklett Hill. We've got an impromptu dig session going on, we're working off the fireroad before the blue sections, bottom of the long fireroad downhill, off tot he left in the gully with the stream. You'll see the parked cars and vans.

• 1mancity2
    Will do buddy
  • 1mancity2
    Stumpy went up last night, saw your red van and 2 cars but could not find you anywere?

were you lurking in da woods with da bears?

Of on hols for a couple of weeks but will catch you somewere.
  • kinmofo
    kinmofo Posts: 172
    anyone heading up to gisburn this weekend?
    I'm a Nazi Zombie! And You Cant Kill Me!

Out of all the things I've lost, I miss my Mind the most!

dont get mad, get KROSS